none
How can I register my company to be able to publish apps in Microsoft Store (Desktop - W10) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I'm struggling for a while now, trying to register my company as a software publisher in Microsoft, to be able to deploy our apps using Microsoft Store in Windows 10.

I managed to get registered to MPN, got a MPN id for my company, then when I try to follow this link procedure to get a "company developer account" (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/opening-a-developer-account), it fails with an error indicating my account is not associated with a Microsoft Partner Account, even if I am connected with this account and I am able to display my MPN dashboard...

My IT team also already checked this https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/associate-azure-ad-with-partner-center#create-a-brand-new-azure-ad-to-associate-with-your-partner-center-accountand it is done

I've been in touch with about 5 different support service in Microsoft (ticket, live chat, etc.) but no one was able to help...

Can someone help me please ?

Thursday, July 25, 2019 6:08 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>trying to register my company as a software publisher in Microsoft
    Since the registration including much private info, so we couldn't try to analyze the cause of the issue from your detailed steps. Could you refer to this document Register your company account which provide detailed steps for registration to try again?

>publish apps in Microsoft Store (Desktop - W10) 
    For publishing desktop app in the Microsoft Store, you need package it first then fill a blank info during the publish process. You could package the desktop app from source code using Visual Studio or package it manually

During the publishing process, there are two differences from normal submission app. The first is that you need to fill in a restricted capability info,you could refer to this blog for detailed steps. The second is certification time, currently, all the Desktop Bridge apps are processed only through a manual certification process, which may take up to 5 business days.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 2:56 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, we have already made successful beta trials using a personal developer account to publish apps in Microsoft Store.

When following the link you have provided "Register you company account", and signing in with my professional account, I get this error :

You are signed in as jerome.bausse@xxxxx.com. You can’t use your organizational credentials to access the Azure Seller Dashboard. To continue, please sign out of Partner Center and then sign in again using the Microsoft account associated with this Partner Center account.

I have full access to MPN account of my company (including changing partner profile & legal business info management. Do you know how I can know which account (if not mine) I am supposed to use to successfully pass this step ?

Friday, July 26, 2019 6:16 AM
  • Hello,

>we have already made successful beta trials using a personal developer account to publish apps in Microsoft Store.

Is there a connection between your personal developer account and your company account ?

>You are signed in as jerome.bausse@xxxxx.com.

Before you register the account, did you clean the browser and open the Explore InPrivate?Is this email id which you will be using for registering in the Dev Center at first registered as a Microsoft account?You could see more details in the Important Part in the document "Register you company account".

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 29, 2019 9:32 AM
  • Thanks for your answer.

>Is there a connection between your personal developer account and your company account ?

No, they are fully independant

>You could see more details in the Important Part in the document "Register you company account".

I haven't done this part (while I have already tried doing it in "in private mode"), but there is no link in the page. May I kindly ask you to share this link with me please ?

Monday, July 29, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Hello,

>You are signed in as jerome.bausse@xxxxx.com.
    Is this email id registered as a Microsoft account?If not, you may need to create a new Microsoft account firstly.

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 4:33 AM
  • I finally managed to get my account, after looking for looking for more help in another related thread (after some more search)

It's quite disturbing to have to create an admin account, outside of my company tenant, in order to register my company...

Anyway, I finally succeeded, thanks for your help
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 8:08 AM
  • Hello,

I'm glad your problem is solved. If you want to have company developer account, you seem to have to do so now.Could you mark the solution as answer which is beneficial to other community member reading the thread?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 1:15 AM