none
[UWP]Not able to submit to store with 'WindowsRuntimeAccess="all"' set as a 'uap:Rule' in one of 'uap:ApplicationContentRules' in Package.appxmanifest of a UWP C# Application. RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing a UWP C# application for windows 10 and I came across a scenario where I need to invoke UWP WinRT APIs from WebView using JavaScript. I know it is possible with WinJS project but I need to do it in C# UWP Application.

After doing some research I came to know about a workaround for doing the same. By adding the below snippet to my Applicaiton's Package.appxmanifest file I am able to use UWP APIs inside JavaScript.

<uap:ApplicationContentUriRules>
          <uap:Rule Match="ms-appx-web:///" Type="include" WindowsRuntimeAccess="all" />
    </uap:ApplicationContentUriRules>

But the problem now is, when ever I submit the Applicaiton with above mentioned change to store, certification process is failing with below mentioned error.

The Application cannot include an ApplicationContentUriRule with 'all' or 'allowForWebOnly' WindowsRuntimeAccess while any of the following capabilities are enabled: enterpriseAuthentication, sharedUserCertificates, musicLibrary, picturesLibrary, videosLibrary, removableStorage, documentLibrary, internetClientServer, privateNetworkClientServer.

I need the above mentioned capabilities along with the WinJS functionality.

Is this even possible? If yes, Can anyone please help me resolve this issue with some useful work around?

Friday, May 25, 2018 7:30 AM

All replies