[UWP]Access Desktop Drive in UWP. RRS feed

• Question

• How to access & save desktop drives using fileopenpicker or storagefolder,because i want to access it for later use?

Monday, August 8, 2016 1:54 PM

Answers

• >   I want to get all drive .i.e.(c:,d: etc.) of Desktop without fileopenpicker which is manuallly picks items .i.e.file/folder.

Then as things stand, as far as I know, UWP is not going to let you do
    what you want.

Dave

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:11 PM

All replies

• >How to access & save desktop drives using fileopenpicker or storagefolder,because i want to access it for later use?

Have you tried using FutureAccessList ?

Dave

Monday, August 8, 2016 2:48 PM
  • >Yes,but i want access all drive .i.e. multiple drive in UWP.

... and that's a problem because ...?

You'll need to explain your scenario and why FutureAccessList doesn't
    meet your requirements.

Dave

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 7:05 AM
  • Hello David,

I want to get all drive .i.e.(c:,d: etc.) of Desktop without fileopenpicker which is manuallly picks items .i.e.file/folder.

It will work like System.io.DriveInfo.GetDrives().Also.StorageFolder Gets access Denied Error.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:48 PM
  • >   I want to get all drive .i.e.(c:,d: etc.) of Desktop without fileopenpicker which is manuallly picks items .i.e.file/folder.

Then as things stand, as far as I know, UWP is not going to let you do
    what you want.

Dave

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Hi Sanjeev Gaykwad,

I agree with David’s point. You could not do it. The only way was the FutureAccessList which has been mentioned by David.

By the way, please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools

I have added tag for you this time, and you would need to add tag to title by yourself next time.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:03 AM
  • How Media scanner like VLC scan the drives & store the drives List in UWP?

Thursday, August 11, 2016 2:51 PM
  • >How Media scanner like VLC scan the drives & store the drives List in UWP?

Does it though?
    It looks to me as though it only accesses the library locations by
    default.

Dave

Thursday, August 11, 2016 7:10 PM