payment information RRS feed

• Question

•  

hi, I'm Kalyan Sagar.. I'm a student ..

I've developed apps for windows 8 and already submitted them to the windows store... I'm trying to update my payment information for the windows store and its asking me for a credit card and CVV number.

I dont have a credit card, Can i provide the credit card details of my friend. But in that card their is no CVV number and Expiration date...

Need help on this!!

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Kaylan,

Have you already purchased a Subscription for the Windows Store, or are you trying to purchase one. If you have one, and you are verifying your payment method, then you need to check your bank/Credit Card statement for a code which you need to enter to verify your payment method, it will look something like

MICROSOFT *xxxCODE

where xxx is three digits

If you don't have an account, then to purchase, pleae verify that your payment method conforms to the following:

·        You can use credit cards or debit cards to pay your subscription. (Regular or virtual cards)

·        We accept VISA, MasterCard, and in some markets, American Express and Discover card.

·        Please be sure that your card is enabled for both ‘Online’ transactions AND ‘Automatic’ transactions

·        We can't accept credit or debit cards that use chip and PIN security, such as VISA VSDC (Visa SmartDebit/Credit),MasterCard MChip, American Express AEIPS, and JCB J Smart.

·        We can't accept Pre-paid cards, ATM bank cards, direct bank account information (wires, etc), or Paypal for this process.

·        When you add a card, make sure the card has been activated and you can charge online payments with it, and that its credit limit is high enough to cover your subscription + PICV debit.

·        You may not change your payment method between registering for your Developer account and verifying your payment method. However, once you are through this process and your payment method has been verified, you may then go to the commerce site (https://commerce.microsoft.com/PaymentHub) and update your method of payment to any generally acceptable for on-line transactions.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 6:40 PM