Enable the logical drives (C and D) in multi app kiosk mode RRS feed

• Question

• We are developing the UWP applications, which has the requirements to open the logical drives (C: and D:) on application like File Picker and File Explorer.
    We have both requirements,

1. File Picker
    2. File Explorer - Display the all the drives and folders as like as windows file explorer

We have achieved the both features for administrator user and non-administrator user when enabling the File Permission for that app, but we are not able access on Logical drivers on Kiosk user mode and we are able to access the Known folders alone, so please let us know the is there any options available to enable those drives for kiosk users on windows 1809 or later versions.

We have setup with multi kiosk app mode
    Tuesday, October 1, 2019 3:50 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We have invited other engineers to participate in this case. There might be some time delay and appreciate your patience in advance.

Best Regards,

Fay

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:27 AM
  • Hi Thanks for your update. I will wait. 

Thanks,

Pariventhan

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 2:03 PM
  • Hi,

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/kiosk-policies

>>When the assigned access kiosk configuration is applied on the device, certain policies are enforced system-wide, and will impact other users on the device.

And there is one setting there(last row of the table):

Prevent access to drives from My Computer  --- Enabled - Restrict all drivers

Notes:It is not recommended to set policies enforced in assigned access kiosk mode to different values using other channels, as the kiosk mode has been optimized to provide a locked-down experience.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia

Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:24 AM
  • Hi Elvis,

We tried that last option also, but It didn't work.

Thanks,

Pariventhan

Thursday, October 3, 2019 3:26 AM
  • Hi,

As I said, it is enforced policy when the assigned kiosk configuration is applied on the device and is not officially supported changing it. Therefore regarding your issue, I would suggest you trying other way like using programming ways to access local drivers as the setting doesn't prevent you from using programs to access drivers.

Best Regards,

Elvis Xia 

Thursday, October 3, 2019 5:15 AM