none
[UWP]Deploy Windows 10 App to Windows Phone 10 device without Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• When we create a package for a Windows 10 UWP app, i am able to give it to someone and deploy that to Windows 10 machine. Is there any way we can create a package and deploy to a Windows Phone from that package.

With Regards,

Amit

With Regards, Amit

Thursday, June 11, 2015 6:32 PM

All replies

• You can deploy using MDM. There should be some new methods when the Universal Store is released as well.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Monday, June 15, 2015 4:11 PM
  • i was looking for more of a side loading solution where in i have to give it to some person to test the app. Like how we used to side load apps on WP8/8.1

With Regards,

Amit

With Regards, Amit

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:47 PM
  • Perhaps I'm wrong, but I don't think there was ever a way to test a Store app on a phone aside from the Beta store or direct deployment from VS.  However, you could deploy a XAP file using power tools but that was Silverlight apps only.  I'm not sure if you can upload UWP to the Beta store though.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Thursday, June 18, 2015 1:10 PM
  • May be i am not clear.

1. I have created a UWP application.
    2. I then created a package( installer app for it appx/appxbundle)
    3. I can use the package to deploy the app on Windows 10 PC with the
    4. How can i use the same UWP package to deploy on to a Windows 10 Phone.

I am looking for a tool similar to Windows Phone Application Deployment (8.1) but for Windows Phone 10.

Want to understand the process to create a package for Windows phone 10 and then deploy to a Windows Phone 10 with Developer Mode Switched On.

When i use the Windows Phone Application Deployment (8.1) tool i am getting an error: 'Error - There is an error in XML  document(2,2)'

With Regards,

Amit

With Regards, Amit

Thursday, June 18, 2015 10:13 PM
  • HI,

I assume Developer mode is already on in Windows 10 mobile. 

(USE Internet Explorer (In Windows 8 or Windows 8.1) or Edge for Windows 10.)

Following is the way how i installed UWP in my Windows 10 Mobile (With insider preview Build)

Go to For Developer settings inside Update And Security.

Inside For Developer enable Device Portal,  there will be an address mentioned like https://192.168.1.2 (example).

type that in Web Browser.(Choose continue if it shows any certificate issue page).

If you have enabled Aunthentication then the page will prompt for 6 digit PIN. In device click on Pair and enter the pin showed in device to that web page.

Then in Web page goto Apps  --> +Install Package . Click on Browse and select appx file from AppPackage folder.

then in dependency click on Add Dependency  --> Select Dependecies folder from the AppPackage folder and select dependencies from ARM folder.

Finally Click on Go under Deply section. 

I deployed 2 UWP apps (under developement) through this procedure as my phone not detected in Windows 10 machine. 

This certainly can help .

Please remember to mark it as answer to help other developer facing the same issue.

Satya R Biswal

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 7:19 AM