none
SSRS export report to pdf creates thousands of pages RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,  Thanks for the support.

I have a report that is made of many subreports.  When I preview the report, it looks fine. 70 pages of perfect pages.  When it finally converts the report to a PDF, it seems to be changing the page height to 1 inch...I get over 3000 pages.   It "prints" the header and footer and one sliver of each page.

Is there a parameter that needs to be set?  I'm new to SSRS.  Any help would be appreciated!

Friday, July 10, 2020 2:18 PM

All replies

• In BIDS or SSDT-BI, do the following:

Click on Report > Report Properties > Layout tab (Page Setup tab in SSDT-BI)

Make a note of the values for Page width, Left margin, Right margin

Close and go back to the design surface

In the Properties window, select Body

Click the + symbol to expand the Size node

Make a note of the value for Width

To render in PDF correctly Body Width + Left margin + Right margin must be less than or equal to Page width. When you see blank pages being rendered it is almost always because the body width plus margins is greater than the page width.

Remember: (Body Width + Left margin + Right margin) <= (Page width)

Friday, July 10, 2020 6:08 PM
  • Hi dmak.bluesky,

This problem is most likely due to Inappropriate page width,  please make sure (Body Width + Left margin + Right margin) <= (Page width).  Another thing to try is to set the report property called ConsumeContainerWhitespace to True (the default is false).

More details about how to setting , you can refer to this thread: 

How to get rid of blank pages in PDF exported from SSRS

saving report to pdf inserts an extra page

Hope it will help

Best Regards

Dawn

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 13, 2020 1:43 AM
  • Hello friend,
    Have you solved the question?
    If you have resolved your issue, could you please mark the useful reply as answer? This can be beneficial to other community members finding and reading the thread easily. 
    In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 14, 2020 1:13 AM