none
Using Gift Card to pay Microsoft Developer Account Fee RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am college student from Kurdistan-Iraq

I have a problem getting prepaid or credit card, because they cost too much here.

But gift cards are much cheaper, can I use them to pay Microsoft Developer Account Fee?
    I don't even know what are different between those card types.

Thanks

Tuesday, November 8, 2016 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Brwa,

I'm afraid you're not able to pay for your developer account using gift cards that is usually paid for the Microsoft product, and prepaid card is also not acceptable. The option is Visa/Mastercard, Paypal(in supported country/region) or a promo code.

You may know credit card is a universal payment method in all over the world, thus you cannot choose other card instead of it. You could refer to this thread and know more details in  Account types, locations and fees.

While since you're a student, I'd like to advise you to register a student account (free) at Imagine site(used to be Dreamspark), which is a Microsoft program to provide students with software design and development tools for free. Moreover, you can submit and publish your app to the Windows Store using your student account.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 9, 2016 6:30 AM