none
Is there any alternative to the Microsoft Ad Monetization platform shut down no June 1st? RRS feed

All replies

• Only one for me : Install Xamarin --> Convert ALL your Windows app to Android --> Install Google AdMob and test your apps on Microsoft Surface Duo (boot on Android partition) --> Earn money (if Surface Duo is a success)

--== ironic mode off ==--

JEFBCreating

Sunday, February 2, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Seem to be no alternative.
    I'm going to switch to the new platform. There is no other way.

Sunday, February 2, 2020 9:58 AM
  • Thanks L.a.t, Can you please explain what is the new platform?
    Monday, February 3, 2020 9:23 AM
  • Adduplex, Vungle, Addeals
    Thursday, February 6, 2020 4:17 AM
  • Adduplex has no monetization ads

Vungle only has Video ads.

Addeals has no fill rate.

Thursday, February 6, 2020 6:56 AM
  • Adduplex has monetization. Pls find it at home page.
    Thursday, February 6, 2020 3:33 PM
  • There's no option to monetize in AdDuplex, only cross promotion on the home page.
    Thursday, February 6, 2020 5:16 PM
  • AddDuplex has invite only for monetization. Apply this form and they will contact you via email with instructions.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdcPiSGy2NjIx5sGgDwf6t_eCt2zRzYMNhsz6BytTpPGG66HQ/viewform

Thursday, February 6, 2020 5:57 PM
  • Here's a notion. Set up a Google AdSense account. Host a web page with the Google AdSense control code. Suck that web page up into the "box" you currently display banner ads in. Will the ad refresh and display automatically? I'm thinking yes. If you click on it will a web page launch? I'm thinking yes, that can be handled. Will you make income from that as you would the banner ads MS fed the system? Why not? Anyone?

Gary Glanz

Friday, February 7, 2020 8:56 AM
  • Do this, and wait for one month. They will ban you from Adsense for sure. It is restricted to put ads on WebView.... So, don’t even try this. Just make a google search and read about this case. Only Admob is for apps and they have stop their SDK for windows phone apps some years ago. MS and Google are on different routes, they are competitors. The only solution is Microsoft ads (previous known as Bing ads). They are powerful, they are of high quality and they are from Microsoft! But.... Microsoft don’t want to support the Windows apps! So please, create an SDK!!! I’m waiting from Taboola and Outbrain to do something.... I wrote it on another post: Every serious Ad Network company has a label on its homepage: Every screen, every type, every size, everywhere..... And something else: Desktop users are more profitable for every ad network. Even in Google who run the AdWords ads in parallel (Adsense for websites) and Admob for the apps, the same click from the same user is greater in Adsense than Admob...

M.I.L. Apps

Friday, February 7, 2020 9:24 AM
  • Here's a notion. Set up a Google AdSense account. Host a web page with the Google AdSense control code. Suck that web page up into the "box" you currently display banner ads in. Will the ad refresh and display automatically? I'm thinking yes. If you click on it will a web page launch? I'm thinking yes, that can be handled. Will you make income from that as you would the banner ads MS fed the system? Why not? Anyone?

Gary Glanz

Against their ToS and you are likely to have the ad cancelled by Google imo.
    Friday, February 7, 2020 1:02 PM
  • Adduplex do not accept your App,if you have less than 10.000 impresdions per day!

How will you bring your App to the market with such a limitation?

• Edited by M_Stein Saturday, February 8, 2020 6:33 AM
    Saturday, February 8, 2020 6:26 AM
  • Also - AdDuplex will disable your account if you have too many impressions.  Kid you not - they sent us a "unless you start buying impressions we're closing your account since it's 'unfair to everyone else because you have too much traffic'".  No idea why they don't just fix their system's fill algorithms, but AdDuplex has serious systemic problems that frankly look a bit like extortion and shakedowns once you reach a certain level.
    Sunday, February 9, 2020 8:59 PM
  • So, yeah, I see how this will not work, and did check with AdSense boards and they verified too - and pointed me to AdMob. And am still checking with them, but do see how they support phone back in 8 days but then discontinued. 

I realize they are MS and Google are competitors; were I a Google guy I might be inclined to open the AdMob SDK to us UWP guys just to spite MS for taking away theirs. 

I did run across a link - https://www.xamarinexpert.it/admob-made-easy/ - that looks interesting for an open source SDK that might work.  I have in a question to see what the owner thinks.

Thanks for all the feedback/answers!

Gary Glanz

Sunday, February 9, 2020 10:24 PM
  • There is AdDeals : www.addealsnetwork.com

AdDeals supports both Interstitials & Rewarded videos via Windows native & Unity SDKs.

It supports Unity games with a native SDK that has been updated to support Visual Studio 2019, the latest Unity versions, IL2CPP and pass Microsoft WACK tests when submitting apps or games.

From the publishers working with AdDeals, the integration has been made very easy with new SDKs released even in late 2019. 

I hope this will help developers here.

AdDeals will not fill in 100% of your ad spaces for 2 reasons :
    - The algorithms send ads based on in-app performances & users' interests. Therefore you have some games / apps with large fill rates, others with low fill rates. That's also how Advertisers can keep on running campaigns and have profitable campaigns. Additionally, you will get higher fill rates in countries like US, CA, Western Europe (FR, DE…)

- Second, it doesn't focus on fill rates as it aims at sending the right ads to the users where it makes sense and optimizes the CPMs for Publishers. Although, in some cases, we can increase the fill rates in games / apps with large volumes in case it's proven that the ads are working well.

So we can just invite Windows game / apps publishers to try and see if this works for their apps. We have had some publishers earning large revenues in some of their apps.

I hope this message will help the community here.

Sebastien

Thursday, February 13, 2020 4:41 PM
  • I highly don't recommend using AdDeals network, no fill rate and no transparency in the earnings and broken reporting system with many BUGS (same situation with their plugins). Rather be on the old SDK than use weird AdDeals and their weird ads. When you integrate their ad unit, their system splits income and you get few dollars and they receive a much higher commission for registration on affilatate sites in your app(s) and you get nothing (affilate such as Wargaming and others). By the way, they get this commission even a year after when your users click on the ad. And you as a developer? You get nothing! This is called "Ponzi Scheme" in the advertising terms...

Money maker machine for their company ahead-solutions which obviously covers the loss and lives from the earnings of the kind developers who jumped into their "lies" about fill rate and how much can earn...  I recommend stay away and don't fall into their affiliate ad network with no clear earnings from ad clicks.. Truth is true.

I highly don't recommend using AdDeals network! Btw. Other developers has same bad experience on this forum...

• Edited by UWP_APP Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:40 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:36 PM
  • I highly don't recommend using AdDeals network, no fill rate and no transparency in the earnings and broken reporting system with many BUGS (same situation with their plugins). Rather be on the old SDK than use weird AdDeals and their weird ads. When you integrate their ad unit, their system splits income and you get few dollars and they receive a much higher commission for registration on affilatate sites in your app(s) and you get nothing (affilate such as Wargaming and others). By the way, they get this commission even a year after when your users click on the ad. And you as a developer? You get nothing! This is called "Ponzi Scheme" in the advertising terms...

Money maker machine for their company ahead-solutions which obviously covers the loss and lives from the earnings of the kind developers who jumped into their "lies" about fill rate and how much can earn...  I recommend stay away and don't fall into their affiliate ad network with no clear earnings from ad clicks.. Truth is true.

I highly don't recommend using AdDeals network! Btw. Other developers has same bad experience on this forum...

• Edited by UWP_APP Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:42 PM
    Thursday, February 13, 2020 10:36 PM