none
UWP: COM interoperability with VB6.0 Application

Question

• Hi,

We are porting silverlight Out Of Browser application to UWP.  From Silverlight application we are launching the VB6 applications by creating dynamic object using System.Windows.Interop.ComAutomationFactory API.

Any help on how to achieve this in UWP side loaded app.

Thank You
    Thursday, November 8, 2018 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Well, you could just convert you silverlight OOB application to UWP app using desktop bridge. As is mentioned here, Support Silverlight Out of Browser (OOB) apps at Desktop Bridge, Desktop bridge now support silverlilght OOB application. But the app must use the APPX update mechanis.

You could get more information about desktop bridge here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-root

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 9, 2018 7:11 AM
  • Hello Roy,

We are porting Silverlight OOB app to UWP to remove the silverlight dependency due to support is getting stopped for Silverlight. I believe Desktop Bridge just creates the appx pacakge in UWP and it does not really convert the application correct?

Thanks,

Lakshmi

Friday, November 9, 2018 9:58 AM
  • Hi,

I'll ask other engineers about this. Appreciate your patience in advance.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:55 AM
  • Thank you.. I  would wait for the reply

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 12:14 PM
  • Hi,

According to the response I got, UWP does not support launching VB6 applications. A possible way is to convert your VB6 application to some modern apps that UWP could launch.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 3:03 AM
  • Thank you for the clarification
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 5:52 AM