none
[UWP]How to get crash dumps of a published UWP application from Microsoft Partner Center (in 2019)? RRS feed

• Question

• There are a lot of obsolete information on downloading crash dumps from Dev Center but nothing seems working nowdays (2019). I am stuck with stowed_exception in my app so how am I expected to get crash dumps for further investigation?

Thank you!

Monday, August 12, 2019 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So you want to get the crash report from the Partner Center, right? To get that, you check the Health report in the Partner Center. Here is a document that introduces about the health report:Health report

And this is how it looks like:

Best regards.

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:45 AM
  • Hi,

So you want to get the crash report from the Partner Center, right? To get that, you check the Health report in the Partner Center. Here is a document that introduces about the health report:Health report

No, Health report provides Stack Traces for failures, which are not crash dumps.

Here in Microsoft's Inside Show they talk about investigating into crash dumps to get more info on Stowed Exceptions. And I am looking toward these crash dumps. How can I get them from end users?

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Hi,

It seems I misunderstand your question. So you want the get the dumps from the devices that installed the app. This is complicated. Here is a blog that tells how to get the crash dumps:How to capture crash dump for Desktop Bridge Converted or UWP app

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:53 AM
  • Hi,

It seems I misunderstand your question. So you want the get the dumps from the devices that installed the app. This is complicated. Here is a blog that tells how to get the crash dumps:How to capture crash dump for Desktop Bridge Converted or UWP app

This article (like many others) assumes that we can reproduce the crash (it says: "Launch the App and recreate the crash issue.") but unfortunately we did not managed to reproduce it because it's rare. And I need more info on these stowed exceptions to reproduce it.
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 9:23 AM
  • Hi,

I'm sorry to say that if you need to the crash dumps, you will need to reproduce the crash then the debug tool could get the crash dumps. If you can't reproduce it, the only way for you is to check the crash log from the health report. Get the stack track and compare the symbols to find where the problem happens.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 7:04 AM