none
Can not compile and run maven managed project in mscode RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I git cloned alg4 project opened in an mscode instance, which ran other java files before. I have the maven plugin and it looks like it scanned the pom.xml file. I then tried to run one of the files called BinarySearch and could not. I tried compiling it from the command line with Javac command, I looked everywhere for the file with the same name and .class extension so I can do java BinarySearch but can not find any. I also know the file takes command line arguments. I did pass the right commands, and I know that because this is the source for a course that has a book. I am just trying run the same command on page 46 of the book which is available online and free as a reference. The entire command is BinarySearch tinyT.txt < tinyW.txt. I did add the two input text files also. I basically put in the same content that I see in the book. I do not know what I am missing. The book has an example in which they issue the following command: "BinarySearch tinyT.txt < tinyW.txt" and they have: 

• Edited by Nu2Csharp Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:54 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:35 PM

Answers

• Hi Nu2Csharp,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I consider there might be something wrong with VS Code or your project/configuration.

Since our forum is discussing about the usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code is another product of Microsoft, I recommend you could redirect to GitHub(Microsoft/VSCode), stack overflow with tag visual studio code or stack overflow with tag maven and then start a new thread there to seek for a more professional help.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nu2Csharp Friday, December 6, 2019 3:04 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 2:10 AM

All replies

• I have not heard of mscode, I doubt that it is a Microsoft product. This forum is for Visual Studio questions and the application shown in your screen shot is not VS.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

• Edited by Simple Samples Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:45 PM clarification
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:45 PM
  • I am sorry, the correct name of the product is Visual Studio Code. 
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:56 PM
  • Hi Nu2Csharp,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

According to your description, I consider there might be something wrong with VS Code or your project/configuration.

Since our forum is discussing about the usage of tools and editors in Visual Studio, and Visual Studio Code is another product of Microsoft, I recommend you could redirect to GitHub(Microsoft/VSCode), stack overflow with tag visual studio code or stack overflow with tag maven and then start a new thread there to seek for a more professional help.

Sorry for any inconvenience and thanks for your understanding.

Sincerely,

Tianyu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Nu2Csharp Friday, December 6, 2019 3:04 AM
    Friday, December 6, 2019 2:10 AM
  • Thanks. I figured it out.
    Friday, December 6, 2019 3:05 AM
  • I am sorry, the correct name of the product is Visual Studio Code. 

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Well Tianyu has specified where to ask about that.

Sam Hobbs
    SimpleSamples.Info

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:43 AM