none
Impossible to debug on build 17025 RRS feed

• Question

• OS build: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview 64-bit (10.0, Build 17025) (17025.rs_prerelease.171020-1626)

I start my app via Visual Studio debugger and it fails to get past the splash screen with debugger attached. It otherwise starts OK without VS.

The app doesn't crash or anything, does all the stuff it usually does in background, just doesn't load the UI.

Sunday, November 12, 2017 7:44 PM

All replies

• Upgrade to 17035. See https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/11/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17035-pc/#4HgSuPD6GGjEoPUK.97
    ATTENTION DEVELOPERS: We fixed an issue from the previous flight where launching an app with a debugger attached caused it hang at the splash screen. Debugging UWPs now works again.
    Sunday, November 12, 2017 9:52 PM
  • Upgrade to 17035. See https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2017/11/08/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-17035-pc/#4HgSuPD6GGjEoPUK.97
    ATTENTION DEVELOPERS: We fixed an issue from the previous flight where launching an app with a debugger attached caused it hang at the splash screen. Debugging UWPs now works again.

Too late. I reinstalled windows on official version already.

These patches should be pushed to developers regardless of insider ring, after all, the slow ring is supposed to be the more stable one, right?

Sunday, November 12, 2017 10:02 PM
  • Hi mcosmin,

The 'slow' ring are for those who want to try out the new OS but want a bit more stability with their install. The 'fast' ring are for those who are willing to accept the faster builds with the new features and knowing that there could be significant bugs or other issues that make the build unstable.

Thanks,
    Fang Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 29, 2017 7:27 AM
    Owner