none
App Security 10.2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Recently i published one uwp app to store and i got attention needed with App Security 10.2 for BackgroundDownloader.

Is there anyone can help me with that?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 7:06 PM

All replies

• Hi teja,

Did you use BackgroundDownloader class in your app? If you did, is it related some username and password? Is authentication model supported by WinINet or  HttpClient ? If you use HttpClient, do you use it to implement custom authentication and obtain a download-specific secure token (cookie)? By the way, please refer to 10.2 Security to check if you have somewhere which is violation of the it? 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, May 15, 2020 5:53 AM
  • Hello Daisy Tian,

Thanks for the response.

Yes I used BackgroundDownloader in my app, but I hard coded URL to download an image. As per my requirement I want download few images which I have URL's to download without any Authentication/Authorization and HttpClient. Is there any way to avoid 10.2 Secuirty?

Thanks for the response.
    Thanks for the response.
    Friday, May 15, 2020 3:56 PM
  • Hi trja,

Could you contact the team who send you this mail notification for which policy was violated specifically? We can't track your package, and it is also not good for you to provide more info according to this security issue. By the way, if the images are not large, could you mind to use Windows.Web.Http to download the images as a workaround?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2020 2:34 AM