Application development for remote server control RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm completely new to windows phone 7 development so would appreciate all advice and input you guys might have. So I'm wanting to create an application that can control a server for performing operations such as remotely running a code build, or retrieving the status of the server, whether or not x and y has happened, uptime, cpu usage that sort of thing.

What internet enabled services are available in the SDK that might make this possible, if at all? Are there any samples out there that might perform similar operations? Is Azure AppFabric availble to windows phone 7?

Thanks in advance

Friday, October 22, 2010 10:35 AM

All replies

• You can use http web services on the Phone.  Therefore, if your service provides all that information from the server, you can see it on your device via the http service.  I'm not aware of any information on compatibility between Windows Phone 7 and Azure's AppFabric.
    Friday, October 22, 2010 7:50 PM
  • Louis, My company already has this software developed. We are waiting for Nov 1 to submit our application to appear on the marketplace. It involves alot of different technologies to get it working. Server application, Client Phone application, WCF service, Azure service and of course a website. I'll reply to this thread once our app is approved and available for you to download. Thanks, N'Tune Software Development
    Sunday, October 24, 2010 12:28 AM
  • Louis, My company already has this software developed. We are waiting for Nov 1 to submit our application to appear on the marketplace. It involves alot of different technologies to get it working. Server application, Client Phone application, WCF service, Azure service and of course a website. I'll reply to this thread once our app is approved and available for you to download. Thanks, N'Tune Software Development

Wow that sounds like a complex undertaking.  I'm very interested in the econmonics of your app.   For example how many apps will you have to sell to pay for a month's worth of service?  
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 12:00 AM
  • I won't lie, I have had many 4 hour sleep nights to get this done. App is currently going through 2nd submission for certification. Fingers crossed. Hope to get it approved by early next week. My windows phone 7 client will be free. If you want to talk more about the app, feel free to email me at scott.taylor@ntunedev.com.
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 9:53 PM
  • My windows phone 7 client will be free.

Got it ... you won't be making money directly from the selling the app.
    Saturday, November 6, 2010 10:08 PM
  • I just wanted to reply to this thread and let those interested know that the app is in the marketplace. It is called Lazy-Admin and you can find it in the tools category. We are planning on releasing a version 2 of it in the next few weeks but currently you can build your own batch file scripts and run them on your PC from your phone. Version 2 will include a number of pre-built scripts that you can choose and install in addition to being able to write/run your own custom batch files, we will also be adding a live log viewable right from the phone.
    Wednesday, November 17, 2010 1:39 AM