none
Non-compliant due to 10.8.3 Banking and Financial Information RRS feed

• Question

• Hey,

recently i developed my first app. It is called aScanner and it is an alternative for the poor official amazon app. The purpose to develop aScanner was that I missed the barcode scanning function in the official app. aScanner is able to scan Barcodes and displays the scan result on the mobile Amazon Homepage which is included in the app within a Frame.

The first beta Version passed certification without any problem. It is already listed in the Store but hidden for public. You can access it using this LINK. So far the app is only available in german.

I prepared an update for aScanner, which removed some Bugs but suddenly the app is non-compliant and does not get certification. I did not change the general functionality in any manner. The certification report says:

App Policies: 10.8.3 Transactions - Banking and Financial Information

If your app includes in-app purchase, virtual currency, billing functionality or captures financial information, the following requirements apply:

• You must use the Microsoft in-app purchase API to sell digital items or services that are consumed or used within your app. Your app may enable users to consume previously purchased digital content or services, but must not direct users to a purchase mechanism other than the Microsoft in-app purchase API.

In-app products sold in your app cannot be converted to any legally valid currency (e.g. USD, Euro, etc.) or any physical goods or services.
      • You must use a secure third party purchase API for purchases of physical goods or services, real world gambling or charitable contributions. If your app is used to facilitate or collect charitable contributions or to conduct a promotional sweepstakes or contest, you must do so in compliance with applicable law. You must also state clearly that Microsoft is not the fundraiser or sponsor of the promotion.

The following requirements apply to your use of a secure third party purchase API:
      • At the time of the transaction or when you collect any payment or financial information from the customer, your app must identify the commerce transaction provider, authenticate the user, and obtain user confirmation for the transaction.
      • The app can offer the user the ability to save this authentication, but the user must have the ability to either require an authentication on every transaction or to turn off in-app transactions.
      • If your app collects credit card information or uses a third-party payment processor that collects credit card information, the payment processing must meet the current PCI Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
    • If your app collects financial account information, you must submit that app from a Business account type.
    • You must provide in-app purchase information about the types of in-app purchases offered and the range of prices. You may not mislead customers about the nature of your in-app promotions and offerings.
    • Your app may promote or distribute software only through the Windows Store.

Locations: aScanner_1.1.0.0_ARM.appx,aScanner_1.1.0.0_x64.appx,aScanner_1.1.0.0_x86.appx

Tested OSes: Windows 10 Desktop, Windows 10 Holographic, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 Surface Hub, Windows 10 Xbox

Tested Devices: Acer Iconia W700, Lumia 650

Notes To Developer

Apps that collect financial data must be Business account type.

I do not understand this rating. The app does not collect any financial data. And why is it suddenly an issue, but first certification was passed without any comment?

I tried to get in contact with the testers several times using the certification report feedback but no one is responding. I contacted the support channel via email, they responded but do not have any posibility to get in contact with the testers.

What else can I do in this situation?

Best wishes

Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:08 AM

All replies

• Hi -shb-,

The best practice for your is to contact Dev Center Support through your developer account so that the tester will contact you to give more accurate and professional help.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Cherry Bu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 5:48 AM
  • I did so already, but the support channel was not able to establish a connection to the testers as well. They referred to the feedback channel, but no one is responding there.

Best regards

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 6:01 PM
  • Hello SHB,

Would you please provide the SR # from your interaction with Dev Center support?

-Eric

Contact Dev Center Support

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 7:43 PM
    Owner