none
Error uploading a MSIX packaged application to Windows Dev Acc. RRS feed

• Question

• I am having a problem uploading a package I created using the MSIX Package Tool. Errors occur after validating that I am not sure how to fix. I am not too familiar with the Windows Developer Account as well as the various packaging tools.

Below is a screenshot of the error messages that I receive. (Not quit sure what the "expected" in brackets means)

I get the following error after uploading.

You must upload at least one package. If you are using market groups, then each market group must have at least one package.

You must fix all package validation errors before submitting.

• JUNI_1.0.0.0_x64__ad8pwfkyh69vj.msix143.5 MB

Invalid package identity name: JUNI (expected: 23008AMAZINGGAMES.26370252711C1)

Invalid package family name: JUNI_ad8pwfkyh69vj (expected: 23008AMAZINGGAMES.26370252711C1_bh974mzjt4jcm)

Invalid package publisher name: CN=Contoso Software, O=Contoso Corporation, C=US (expected: CN=301163D3-10ED-4E54-B62C-0524E7642BB1)

Thanks. Hope you can help.

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

The error message means that the publish certificate doesn't match that account that you created the app in the partner center. Please check if your dev account is the same with the publisher of the certificate that you used to package.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, December 10, 2019 1:09 AM