getting developer microsoft account [msa] added to centennial program [ aka desktop bridge ] RRS feed

• Question

• I submitted an app to store that was denied because it makes use of desktop bridge/extensions support to run a system tray, aka notification area, win32 app process and report said that my account is not a member of the centennial program.

How do I get my developer microsoft account [msa] added to centennial program so that this store app submission can be approved and I can move on with publishing?

Friday, November 16, 2018 6:30 PM

All replies

• Can you share the full failure report from the Store? I would expect that some specific policy violations are pointed out, for you to take care of before you can resubmit the app for successful submission.

Thanks!
    Stefan Wick

Monday, November 19, 2018 12:07 AM
  • Thank you for the followup on this.

I'm seeing no mention of any policy violations that i'm seeing on my submission 1 certification reports [ https://partner.microsoft.com/en-us/dashboard/products/9MTW4CJ7S276/submissions/1152921505688219188 ] | view report -> store application review results [

https://partner.microsoft.com/dashboard/submissions/api/products/9MTW4CJ7S276/certreport/2000000000023118361 ] page all it says is "notes to developer  = Your account has not been approved for the Centennial program."

You can find print to pdf versions of what i'm seeing at both of those urls in case you are unable to access and view them on your side at the following azure blob storage locations, submission 1 certification reports.pdf & store application review results.pdf .

• Edited by myusrn Monday, November 19, 2018 12:50 AM click enable download urls
    Monday, November 19, 2018 12:48 AM
  • Hi @StefanWick,

Last week I resubmitted app to see if it would produce any different response, e.g. one with guidance on how to get my developer microsoft account [msa] added to centennial program so app submission could be approved, and I got the exact same seemingly boilerplate response stating i'm not member of centennial program.  I did another round of "join windows centennial program" search hit review and couldn't find any insights on how to remove this blocker.  

Note I've since created an updated package of my app with a few fit & finish improvements but i'm not able to even update the existing submission with this new package in the current state they have left me in. Really hoping for someone to reach out to me with details on next steps to get this published.  Have friends who want app but in store app download/installer format versus standalone win32 systray component so they have assurances of install/runtime/uninstall that store app sandbox provides.

Monday, November 26, 2018 9:24 PM
  • To Whom It May Concern:

I am having exactly the same problem.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thursday, November 29, 2018 11:19 PM
  • Hey ob1olk,

We apologize for an error on our side, please resubmit your application or email reportapp@microsoft.com to talk to us directly. Thanks for your support of the Microsoft Store.

Dustin

Monday, December 3, 2018 11:39 PM
  • Hey Sean,

We apologize for an error on our side, please resubmit your application or email reportapp@microsoft.com to talk to us directly. Thanks for your support of the Microsoft Store.

Dustin

Monday, December 3, 2018 11:39 PM
  • Hi Dustin, 

Thanks for the followup on this matter.  I have visited the partner center [ aka.ms/pc ] portal and resubmitted my app for certification. That resubmit of “Submission 1” is now showing status = In certification at https://partner.microsoft.com/en-US/dashboard/products/9MTW4CJ7S276/overview

I also replied to the Windows Store Report App Team [ reportap@microsoft.com ] thread that had been going on to do with this the initial certification denial and looped in the suggested reportapp@microsoft.com alias.

• Marked as answer by myusrn Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:11 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by myusrn Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:11 PM
    Tuesday, December 4, 2018 3:25 AM
  • @Stefan and @Dustin, thanks for your help on this matter.  Today I finally got notice that my recent app submission review was completed and app published in store at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/a-few-windows-niceties/9mtw4cj7s276?activetab=pivot:overviewtab .
    Thursday, December 13, 2018 9:11 PM