none
Deleting app from Marketplace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a problem with deleting app from Dev Center and Marketplace.

I have published two private applications in Marketplace. The first one is ABC Hinnoittelu and the second one (newer and better version) is ABC Kilpailijahinnat. These apps are not for public use and both have their own url which is used to load and install apps to phone.

In Dev Center I unpublished ABC Hinnoittelu app because our customer's employees are not allowed to use it any more. Instead they must use ABC Kilpailijahinnat.

The unpublished ABC Hinnoittelu is displayed in Marketplace but it can't be loaded any more (that's good). In Dev Center ABC Hinnoittelu is unpublished but I can't find how to delete delete it permanently. When I open the Detail tab, it is displayed that ABC Hinnoittelu is published ?? 

Would you please give me some help how to permanently delete ABC Hinnoittelu so that it disappears from Dev Center and and Marketplace.

Br,

Jarmo Pentinsaari

jarmo.pentinsaari@msg.fi

Friday, April 5, 2013 7:10 AM

All replies

• Hello Jarmo,

If you choose to unpublish your app this should remove it from the Store.

When I checked ABC Hinnoittelu it is showing up as removed. Would you confirm if you are still experiencing this issue?

Also, in case you are unaware we have a company app distribution option that gives you more control on app distribution: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/develop/jj206943(v=vs.105).aspx

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Monday, April 8, 2013 6:16 PM
    Owner
  • Hello Eric,

I think, from my point of view, ABC Hinnoittelu is not removed from the store. I still can see it in store with my phone when searching with phone IE.

I can see that app cannot be installed: "This app is not available for your phone....".

But still, it can be seen in store. Also I can see it on Dev Center dashboard.

My goal is to remove it permanently from store and Dev Center.

Is this possible ?

Yes, I must familiarize with company app distribution option.

Is it possible to move ABC Kilpailijahinnat to company distribution without changing app url ?

Br,

Jarmo

Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:11 AM
  • Hello Jarmo,

There may be several issues going on in this case, please contact developer support so they can specifically look at your app.

If you use the company distribution model this will go through your own custom "store" app so it will not use a url provided by the Store anymore. Essentially you will be hosting your XAPs on your own servers.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Wednesday, April 10, 2013 6:09 PM
    Owner
  • Ok Eric, thank you for good advices.

- Jarmo

Thursday, April 11, 2013 10:22 AM