none
Deleting app.. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

In the new dashboard, how can I delete app?

In the old one, on the lifecycle was an option to delete app.

I cant find it now..where is it?

Thank you.

Wednesday, August 8, 2012 7:32 AM

Answers

• The links to delete an application and delete a submission are both on the Application Lifecycle page.

Either link will only appear if the application/submission are in a state in which they can be deleted.

As Dennis mentioned, an Application can only be deleted if all of its submissions have been deleted.

A submission can only be deleted if it has yet to be published (either it is being edited, it failed certification, or it is set to manually publish and has not yet been published).

Once a submission has been published, neither the submission nor the application can be deleted.

One exception to that rule is for Beta applications. If a Beta application is expired, it can be deleted.

• Proposed as answer by dwelzel Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Monday, October 15, 2012 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:38 PM

All replies

• is your app published? if it is not, you should be able to delete it. but first you should delete the submission. after you delete the submission, you will see the delete button for deleting app.
    Wednesday, August 8, 2012 6:32 PM
  • I have same problem. How can i delete submission? There is not any link to it.

Drazd

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:43 AM
  • Drazd,

Is your app published on the market or not yet? Check this thread: Delete an unsubmitted app

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:24 PM
  • The links to delete an application and delete a submission are both on the Application Lifecycle page.

Either link will only appear if the application/submission are in a state in which they can be deleted.

As Dennis mentioned, an Application can only be deleted if all of its submissions have been deleted.

A submission can only be deleted if it has yet to be published (either it is being edited, it failed certification, or it is set to manually publish and has not yet been published).

Once a submission has been published, neither the submission nor the application can be deleted.

One exception to that rule is for Beta applications. If a Beta application is expired, it can be deleted.

• Proposed as answer by dwelzel Thursday, August 30, 2012 4:09 PM
    • Marked as answer by Danny G. - MS Monday, October 15, 2012 10:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2012 4:38 PM
  • Can I delete an app I have unpublished? These apps just clutter my page, and I don't need them anymore as I have already published new and rebranded versions.
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:38 PM
  • WTN RancoR,

If it was published once, I doubt it can be deleted.

Check out our app - Trekstir Lite Children's Books - with unique and original stories.

• Edited by Trekstir Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:29 PM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 4:28 PM
  • I'm interested as well, we should be able to delete a unpublished app.
    Thursday, November 1, 2012 9:55 AM
  • not being able to delete an app is obsurd and un acceptable....

windows is on the way out,  just wait...

Saturday, March 30, 2013 9:24 AM
  • I would also like to delete some of my apps or products? How can this be done? Where can I vote for such a function?
    Tuesday, June 24, 2014 8:42 PM
  • Why you and all wants to delete your beta app ?
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 10:12 AM