none
Create UWP app package: The store blocked this account. Ensure the account has permission to read reserved app name... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have developed an UWP app and try to publish it to Microsoft Store. I have paid Windows Annual Developer Registration fee, reserved a new name for app and created app submission in Microsoft Partner Center.

Now I'm trying to create app package for deploying to Microsoft Store in VisualStudio 2017. I choose Project-Publish-Associate App with the Store.. or Project-Publish-Create App Packages-Microsoft store under a new app name. In both cases I see "Select an app name" dialog and error message instead of list of existing app names: "The store blocked this account. Ensure the account has permission to read reserved app name and that it is linked to a valid Developer subscription."

I have checked my Microsoft and Microsoft Partner Center account settings and can't find that my account blocked. Could you please help me what should I do in this case?

Thursday, July 16, 2020 11:47 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I could not check the state of your account. You could open a free support ticket here: Contact Us. Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select Account setup and management for issue type. Then the store team could help to check your account.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 17, 2020 2:44 AM
  • You should try with VS 2019
    Friday, July 17, 2020 2:45 AM