App Store Certification Description has both English and Croatian - I only want English RRS feed

• Question

• When I upload the appxupload package the page seems to force me to provide a description for both English and Croatian - I only want English.  What do I need to change in my VS solution or appxupload package to have the certification page only prompt me for the English description?  Under Selling Details I only have United States selected.

Ed Snider

Thursday, July 4, 2013 7:13 PM

Answers

• The choice of market distribution has nothing to do with the languages that your app supports. 

The languages are either explicitly defined in the app manifest OR inferred from the languages found in the assets in the project folder structures.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh967758.aspx

Friday, July 5, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Turned out that the reason was because I had a folder in the project solution named "HR" (an abbreviation for human resources).  "HR" is also the country code for Croatian so when the appxupload was submitted the site saw that HR folder and assumed it was a localization folder, even though it wasn't, and therefore assumed I was submitting for Croatian as well.  Renaming that folder solved the problem. 

Ed Snider

• Marked as answer by edsniderMVP Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:40 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:40 AM

All replies

• Better you can get live help from here,

Get Live Help

Pradeep AJ

Friday, July 5, 2013 5:46 PM
  • its because your application seems to support english and croation. Check the default language in the package manifest if only support croatian, probally its standning on english

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, July 5, 2013 6:14 PM
  • The choice of market distribution has nothing to do with the languages that your app supports. 

The languages are either explicitly defined in the app manifest OR inferred from the languages found in the assets in the project folder structures.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/hh967758.aspx

Friday, July 5, 2013 9:52 PM
  • Turned out that the reason was because I had a folder in the project solution named "HR" (an abbreviation for human resources).  "HR" is also the country code for Croatian so when the appxupload was submitted the site saw that HR folder and assumed it was a localization folder, even though it wasn't, and therefore assumed I was submitting for Croatian as well.  Renaming that folder solved the problem. 

Ed Snider

• Marked as answer by edsniderMVP Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:40 AM
    Saturday, October 26, 2013 12:40 AM