Certification status, is it on hold? RRS feed

• Question

• I published my app about 24 hours ago and the first step in the certification process is completed. It says it should take 1 hour.

Now it waits for the second step, witch is supposed to take 3 hours, its been waiting for this step for 21 hours. What is happening?

Are the people at Microsoft on holiday 2 days before the Win 8 launch? =)

frejnorling.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:03 PM

All replies

• The security test is automated, so even if they're on holiday, that should still occur. :)

Not sure what's going on. The dashboard doesn't always seem to be up to date for me. Also testing is taking much longer this close to the launch. Perhaps there's a lot of apps being certified right now because people want their app available close to general release.

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:33 PM
  • Hi Frej Norling,

Can I ask if your account is still being verified by GeoTrust. If it is, until your account is verified, your Certification is on hold. If your account is verified, then the certification will continue. With Launch of Windows 8 now less than 48hrs away, and the number of Apps going through Certification there will be changes to the usual processing time.

Thanks

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 5:58 PM
  • I submitted my app on the evening of the 21st.  Do you think I have a shot of getting it approved by the end of the 26th?  I'm praying I still have a shot at the slate giveaway from Generation App. 
    Wednesday, October 24, 2012 7:05 PM
  • Hi Mark_1h!

I can't find any information about GeoTrust? What is it?
    If it is my tax form, then it's been verified. Although it was first verified after I submitted my app for certification.

Now it's been 38 hours and still not got passed Pre-processing. And as Basputin says, the first three steps is automated.

So something is very wrong here. I guess my chances to get my app in the store for the release tomorrow is slim and none... =(

frejnorling.com

Thursday, October 25, 2012 6:55 AM
  • Hi Frej Norling,

I would recommend logging a Service request with the Windows Store Developer Support team here Once logged we will be able to check you account and see what delays there are .

Thanks

Thursday, October 25, 2012 9:27 PM