[UWP]UnRegisteration While Uninstallation. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello sir,

I have Requirement that Unregister App while Uninstall App.So is there Event in UWP App while Uninstallation of UWP App?I used OnSuspending Event of UWP App,but I am unable to get it at Uninstallation in Onsuspending Event.if any help let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjeev Gaykwad

• Edited by Sanjeev Gaykwad Monday, August 29, 2016 1:50 PM
    • Edited by Barry Wang Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:42 PM title tag
    Monday, August 29, 2016 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Sanjeev,

As far as I know, there is no such event in UWP app while uninstall apps. But the app's local data is automatically removed when the app is uninstalled.

Therefore You don't need to do anything for that on condition that you haven’t  uploaded your data to the cloud or server. By the way, what do you

mean by unregister your app?Can you describe more specifically about what you want and why you want this function?

Best Regards,

Neal Wang

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 1:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:42 AM
  • @Sanjeev Gaykwad,

If you mean purchase ID in the store for the whole app, then we cannot do this.

If you mean the purchase ID just for your application, it will be removed when you uninstall your app. So you don't need to take care of it.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:42 PM

All replies

• Hi Sanjeev,

As far as I know, there is no such event in UWP app while uninstall apps. But the app's local data is automatically removed when the app is uninstalled.

Therefore You don't need to do anything for that on condition that you haven’t  uploaded your data to the cloud or server. By the way, what do you

mean by unregister your app?Can you describe more specifically about what you want and why you want this function?

Best Regards,

Neal Wang

• Proposed as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:42 PM
    • Marked as answer by Barry Wang Friday, September 9, 2016 1:23 AM
    Wednesday, August 31, 2016 8:42 AM
  • Hello Neal,

I have to Unregister my Purchase ID by calling service when UWP App in UnInstalled.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjeev Gaykwad

Monday, September 5, 2016 12:36 PM
  • @Sanjeev Gaykwad,

If you mean purchase ID in the store for the whole app, then we cannot do this.

If you mean the purchase ID just for your application, it will be removed when you uninstall your app. So you don't need to take care of it.

Best regards,

Barry

Wednesday, September 7, 2016 12:42 PM