none
[UWP][C#] - Only Microsoft Advertising logo is shown RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

One month after the submission of my app, there is always the Microsoft Advertising logo in my 160x600 ad banner, no real ad. I tried to contact the support by mail but they do nothing (they ask me to resubmit my app, to recreate some ad ids, to change the size of my banner, ... a lot of stupid things). In DevCenter, I have a fill rate of 95% but I didn't see a real ad. What can be the problem ?

Cordially,
    Stéphane.

• Edited by Nulos Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:17 PM
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• if you have a thread going with support, please re-engage with them and ask them to include me and share out link to your app and/or adUnits so we can investigate further.
    Tuesday, October 20, 2015 5:35 PM
  • Hi Stephanie,

Can you please provide your support ticket number? Also will be great if you can share your ad unit ids where you see this issue.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Friday, October 23, 2015 6:16 PM
  • Hi,

My support ticket number is SRX1307292976ID.

My application id is 9nblggh5xn42 and the WAd unit id is now 11548719.

Sunday, October 25, 2015 6:44 PM
  • I am also having the same issue, with test ids, everything works perfet but when i insert my ids. there i see same issue. When you guys find its solution please share with public.

To me it seems like there is problem is availablity of ads, the logo we see is maybe for null ad, microsoft must tell the most recomended ad size if they cant have all.

Tuesday, October 27, 2015 11:44 AM
  • I think we will never have an answer, I'm fed up. For the moment, because we can't have any revenue, I stopped my other UWP developments.
    Wednesday, October 28, 2015 9:09 AM
  • Hi Stephanie,

Apologies for your frustration - will follow up to get hold of your support ticket, and will reach out to you if there is any further information needed for investigation.

Thanks,

Shreyas Ganesh N [MSFT]

Friday, October 30, 2015 6:16 PM
  • Hi Nulos,

Both Shreyas and I are on the thread now. Shreyas should be able to see if this issue is related to the Store showing your app as not available.  I was able to repro the issue with your Adunit, and my guess here is that the Store lookup indicates the app is not in a valid state for serving.

Saturday, October 31, 2015 3:37 AM
  • It was fixed by Shreyas Ganesh. It works well now, thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Nulos Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:19 AM
    Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:19 AM
  • It was fixed by Shreyas Ganesh. It works well now, thanks.

Could MSFT please summarize the error and the fix for those of us watching this thread?

Wednesday, November 4, 2015 11:02 PM
  • The lack of documentation is unbelievable (actually there is a lot of BAD confusing documentation). At least please give us updates on the forum.
    Friday, November 6, 2015 10:01 AM