none
My "publisher display name" perceived in VS as blank RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I've confirmed my publisher name in the Microsoft Developer Center to be as I'd desire it to.

However, in VS 2019, when right-clicking my UWP app and selecting "Associate App with the Store...", it updates the PublisherDisplayName of the Package.appxmanifest file to be an empty string.
    Additionally, I can't seem to access the list of my registered apps in the developer center.

I've spent over a week reading plenty of articles and docs trying to tackle this down unsuccessfully. I'm wondering am I just dumb or is it so difficult to get an app published to the store?

Sincerely,
    Shimmy

Shimmy

Friday, July 3, 2020 2:01 AM

All replies

• Hi,

It looks like the function of Visual studio run into some issue. There are some other developers reported similar issues that can't sign their app in Visual Studio 2019. A proven solution is that downgrade the version of Visual Studio 2019. It works in earlier versions of Visual Studio 2019.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, July 3, 2020 5:37 AM
  • Wow, is this pending a fix in future versions?

I just installed VS on a brand new machine. I don't want to screw up the installation, and in fact I don't think I'm even able to.

Shimmy

Friday, July 3, 2020 1:52 PM
  • Hi,

We don't know that because it depends on the Visual Studio team. You could also report this in Visual Studio's FeedBack. 

My suggestion is that you could package the app in other machine that installed a lower version of Visual Studio 2019.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, July 6, 2020 5:46 AM
  • Monday, July 6, 2020 6:58 AM