none
[UWP]Problems with Windows 10 Mobile Feature 2 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an app that works correctly on phones with W10 Anniversary as Lumia 535 but some phones with W10 Feature 2 as Lumia 950xl and 650 when my app navigates from home page to seconds page. I have tried to debug it but… App is closed automatically and VS2017 show me nothing

Could you help me to know what happen with last version of VS2017 in order to it doesn’t work?

Thank you

Sunday, June 17, 2018 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hi,

I have continued doing more tests, and I have tried the run versions from other months that worked good and now they have same problems… then it isn’t caused by updated build tools. It has been caused by some update of OS. I closes it and Sorry!

• Marked as answer by cansado293 Monday, June 25, 2018 6:10 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:09 PM

All replies

• Hi cansado293,

>>”but some phones with W10 Feature 2 as Lumia 950xl and 650 when my app navigates from home page to seconds page. I have tried to debug it but… App is closed automatically and VS2017 show me nothing”

Could you please show me some code here? Were there any special operations when you navigate from home page to second page?

In addition, what’s the OS build version on your Lumia 950 XL and 650?

Best Regards,

Xavier Xie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 18, 2018 12:56 AM
  • Hi Xavier,

Sorry by not answer before. I have been able to discover a few more and do a “workaround”. I tell you all details that I have discovered. The OS Build of my 950xl is 10.0.15254.489 and version is 1709. I think that problem is the new VS because the app was built with VS on April works correctly, but since VS was updated it doesn’t work correctly on Feature 2, and a tablet with W10 April Update require 30 second in order to change the page. On computers work correctly.

And the code is the same. So… what have I discovered?

Well, my app has a media player and a year ago, when CU was available, I have problems with player and seems that it is same. App is faster than MediaPlayer is available. So, app loads player, set the URL to play and then… app is closed by some problem with MediaPlayer because I can’t know the error. So, I tried to load player without setting the URL of media. And then it loads without close apps. Then, I have added a second of delay between page is loaded and when my code set the URL on MediaPlayer and works...

Too I have done a benchmark test in order to know what app does between tap button and load the second page and curiously it does nothing, is stopped the CPU and when it changes frame on screen, is when there is activity on CPU. And I have executed step by step and the executed code on loadevent is finished correctly… It seems that is frozen by mediaPlayer. But If I haven’t changed updated it, how could it work before and now not works? On my computer I have updated the VS. You can try it https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdnkfb

Do you have some advice different to add 1 second of delay to set the url to player?

Thank you

Tuesday, June 19, 2018 4:21 PM
  • Hi,

I have continued doing more tests, and I have tried the run versions from other months that worked good and now they have same problems… then it isn’t caused by updated build tools. It has been caused by some update of OS. I closes it and Sorry!

• Marked as answer by cansado293 Monday, June 25, 2018 6:10 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2018 6:09 PM