none
LOB - How to lock an install to single device

Question

• Is there any way it is possible to lock an app to a single device. In a LOB scenario what is to stop a user logging into their home pc and installing corporate LOB apps?

• Edited by Zangl Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:13 PM
    Wednesday, November 7, 2018 1:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Well, I'm sorry to say that there is no such known practice for this. You might still need to make some limitations inside the app for home/company.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Zangl Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:36 AM

All replies

• Hi,

How you distribute the LOB app? Currently it seems not possible to stop user installing LOB apps in their home pc if you are using Microsoft Store for Business or Microsoft Store for Education. 

I think their might be other ways to limit the usage of LOB app. Like restricting app to be used only in the company's LAN.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 8, 2018 7:47 AM
  • Hi Roy,

Thanks for your response.

Yes we are considering other techniques of tying an app to certain hardware, I wondered if there was a known best practice for LOB apps and stopping installations on devices the app is not intended for. i.e/ A Home PC

Many Thanks

Andy

Thursday, November 8, 2018 9:22 AM
  • Hi,

Well, I'm sorry to say that there is no such known practice for this. You might still need to make some limitations inside the app for home/company.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by Zangl Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:09 AM
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 7:36 AM
  • Hmmm, that's a bit of shame, ok I will take this on board and try and find our own solution.

Many Thanks

Andy

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:09 AM