none
How do you unload a Installer project RRS feed

• Question

• 12/4/2019

Greetings:

I am using Visual Studio 2019.

I just installed "Microsoft Visual Studio Installer Projects" and updated my installer project from it original creation in VS 2017.

In my solution there are several projects including, dll's, exe's, and Web apps, and my installer project.

I can right click on any of the projects, with the exception of the installer project, in the 'Solution Explorer', and 'Unload' the project.

My question; Is there a way to unload the installer project without removing it from my solution?

I would like to build the solution without building the installer project, in most cases.

Thanks.

Wednesday, December 4, 2019 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Dylan,

That is one approach that I had forgotten about.

What I actually did, was to create a new blank secondary solution. Then added all of my projects with the exception of the installer.

In this way, I can just press F7 to build all the projects that I have loaded.

Then, when I'm ready and need to build the installer, I will just open the main solution.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Ruyna Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:42 AM
    • Edited by Ruyna Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:57 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:41 AM

All replies

• Hi Ruyna,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Yes, we recommend you could use Build/Batch Build... to select the project you want to build.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 5, 2019 5:29 AM
  • Hi Dylan,

That is one approach that I had forgotten about.

What I actually did, was to create a new blank secondary solution. Then added all of my projects with the exception of the installer.

In this way, I can just press F7 to build all the projects that I have loaded.

Then, when I'm ready and need to build the installer, I will just open the main solution.

Thanks!

• Marked as answer by Ruyna Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:42 AM
    • Edited by Ruyna Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:57 AM
    Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:41 AM