none
How to fix Norton Setup Error 3048, 3 in my Windows 10 PC?

Question

• A few months ago I have installed Norton Setup in my Windows 10 PC. Everything was fine but unfortunately, I am getting this Error 3048,3 again and again from last 3 days. I have Run LiveUpdate manually, restart my computer many times also, cleared all the Temp files and delete all the files from Windows/Prefetch folder but unable to solve this Error.
    Friday, June 7, 2019 1:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Ashley this is not a Windows error, there is some culprits that's why you are facing this Norton Setup Error.

1. Temporary update server issue
    2. Corrupted Norton installation 
    3. The AutoUpdate feature is not working.

You can solve this Error by using 3 methods:

1. Running Norton’s LiveUpdate application
    2. Using the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool
    3. Using the Intelligent Updater.

As u said you run Liveupdate application manually, means you already used Method 1 but still encountering the same error message. Please use the second Method to solve fix this Norton Setup Error.

Let me explaining you how to use method 2

• download the NRnR.exe Norton Remove and Install tool from the internet or Norton's website.
    • Note: If you have installed Norton Family, first you need to uninstall this before you run the NRnR.exe
    • Once the downloaded completed, double click on the file to Run it
    • click Agree at the License Agreement screen
    • From the next screen, click on Remove & Reinstall

norton setup

• Note: You may see the only Remove button if your Norton product is from service provider.
    • One the procedure complete please restart your computer.

After restarting you will see On-screen instructions. As my suggestion If you have remembered or saved product key please don't follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall Norton setup otherwise follow the on-screen instruction if you have forgotten or lose your product key.

Please Reinstall Norton Security manually If you have product key:

• Visit norton.com/setup and Login to your account
    • If you don't have an account please create a new one
    • Enter your 25 digits alphanumeric product key
    • Click on continue > click on install button to download the setup file
    • After downloaded please double click on the file to Run it.
    • Follow the installation instructions to install Norton setup
    • When installation finished your product will be automatically activated.
    • Restart your computer and see if the issue is resolved or not

After following these steps If you’re still encountering the error message please reply back on this thread then i will tell you method 3rd (Intelligent Updater).

I hope you should be able to get the error resolved by using the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool method. 

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:18 PM