'Error - There is an error in XML document(2,2)' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi again,

We have create an UWP app and try to create app package on Windows phone. However, we have tried many ways to deploy the app such as
    - Developer portal
    - Application Deployment
    - Windows phone Application Deployment 8.1

But we still face a problem 'Error - There is an error in XML document(2,2)'. Is there any solutions for this case, please?

Thanks a bunch! :D

Saturday, April 30, 2016 5:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Siwakorn T,

Based on your description, I could not reproduce your issue. I want to know whether you can use visual studio to debug your app successfully? If you have not done it, please use visual studio to debug it first. If the issue was gone, you could select “Device” and connect your phone to your machine, then you could try to use visual studio to deploy your app to phone. Please note that the device must be developer unlocked and have the screen unlocked.

More information about “Deploying and debugging Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps”, please refer to MSDN document for details.

Deploying and debugging Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps

If you still faced the same problem with above steps, I think you would need troubleshooting.

You could create a blank UWP project, compile and generate “.appx” package. After you could use visual studio to deploy it on phone directly or use “Windows 10 Application Deployment (WinAppDeployCmd.exe) tool” to deploy it. If you can deploy this project successfully, I’m afraid that you would need to check your app project, there might be some problems with it. If you still faced this issue, I think you need to check the visual studio. Maybe you would need to repair it. The latest version of visual studio is Visual Studio 2015 Update 2. If it’s not the latest version, you could update it.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 4, 2016 2:51 AM