Windows Store apps, Error 0x8027025B RRS feed

• Question

• Hello together,

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException

Die App wurde nicht gestartet. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8027025B)

I tried to find the solution to the problem.
    The problem is the local firewall. If I uninstall the local firewall and only use the Windows Fireall, I can create and edit as normal without this error appears again a App Store.
    So it looks like VS2013 checks whether there is a firewall, thereby Micrsoft has apparently forgotten to check if perhaps installed a firewall other than the MS firewall!

The problem can be easily reproduced:
    Win 8.1 install on the local PC has a firewall (eg Norton Internal Security, 2013)
    Then start VS2013 and create a new, simple project:
    (File, New Project, C #, Windows Store, Blank XAML app)
    Then you get the error!

Does anyone have a solution?

Reinhard / Rüdiger

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Rather than Visual Studio checking if there is a firewall/ anti-virus, it is actually the anti-virus/ firewall software that can inject itself into the process (real time monitoring maybe?) and try to perform some operation that apparently returns error 0x8027025B. This error coincides with ERROR_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL  from RAS so maybe there is some problem with the AV software itself. I would recommend reporting this problem to the firewall/ antivirus software vendor. Or maybe you can try excluding the Visual Studio process from realtime protection or disable protection for the Visual Studio devenv.exe process.

Thanks

Windows Store Developer Solutions, follow us on Twitter: @WSDevSol|| Want more solutions? See our blog

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:58 PM