none
Discount for "Owners of" app RRS feed

• Question

• I want to change my active Windows Store application from a App with trial version with purchase option (after trial ended) to a free version with in-app purchase (to the full version). I want to give the users that have already bought the app the in-app purchase for free. How can i do that? I stumpled upon the option the create a discount and selecting "Offered to" -> "Owners of". If i am offering a free discount for the in-app-purchase to the owners of that app, does that include only users who have bought that app or does it also unclude the ones that have only the trial version installed.
    Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:45 AM

All replies

• Hi poochie89,
    > create a discount and selecting "Offered to" -> "Owners of"
    Are you referring to Sale pricing section on page Pricing and availability? If it is, sale pricing is only shown to your customers on Windows 10 devices, including Xbox One. Sales that you offer only to owners of one of your other products are only shown to customers on Windows 10, version 1607 or later.It doesn't seem to suit your purpose.

For your purpose,could you use the query for products method in the Microsoft Store collection REST API? The return data for this method confirms whether the specified customer has an entitlement for a given product, and provides data for the transaction in which the user acquired the product. In my opinion,you could use the parameters(skuType,startDate..) to analyze whether the user has purchased your app before.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, June 3, 2019 6:29 AM
  • Hi Daisy, yes it dows refer to that. It seems like my thread is in the wrong forum. I do have a Windows 10 Desktop application, not mobile.
    Monday, June 3, 2019 6:36 AM
  • Hi poochie89,

>I do have a Windows 10 Desktop application, not mobile.
    Desktop applications that use the Desktop Bridge can use the StoreContext class to implement in-app purchases and trials. For more details, you could refer to Using the StoreContext class with the Desktop Bridge.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:57 AM
  • I know that. I want to give users that have bought the app previously, the addon for free.
    Tuesday, June 4, 2019 6:03 AM