Certfication process suggestion RRS feed

• Question

• When submitting apps, if the app fails certification for whatever reason(s), it would be nice if it listed all of those reasons at one time.

The current method tells you one failure, only to have you re-submit and then give you another reason. Because the "content compliance" phase takes so long, this makes the certification process really time consuming.

Just a suggestion...

Thanks.

Rob

Monday, October 1, 2012 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi Robert Durfee,

Thank you for your feedback. You should notice that the certification team are now including a PDF document which provides more information on why an App failed. This should help.

Thanks

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Robert Durfee,

Thank you for your feedback. You should notice that the certification team are now including a PDF document which provides more information on why an App failed. This should help.

Thanks

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:03 PM
  • I think some tests are prerequisites for others, for example, security tests are run before technical compliance test, which in turn must succeed before proceeding with content tests. If your app fails a technical compliance test, for example the 'No crashes or hangs' test or the 'performance' test (suspend and resume within the allotted time) then I don't believe the content tests won't be performed. Likewise, within the content stage, if your app crashes on launch say because of a call to CurrentAppSimulator  then testers won't be able to test the rest of the app.
    From my experience the PDF is not always very useful, for example if your app crashes then you get blank screenshots. But you may get some hints from small details such as the title of the screenshot. You can also use the Support link in the dashboard - just be aware it's a paid feature.

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:04 PM
  • thats really great mark_1h, was really a pain sometimes to get something certifed
    Tuesday, October 2, 2012 8:41 PM