none
Can a Developer from India sell his Apps ?

Question

• Dear Sir,

I am a enthusiastic developer from India and want to sell my app on Windows Store. Can I ?? If not, Why ? And when will it be available ?

Currently I can see that India is not listed in below list

India Not Listed

at the same time in below list it is listed with cost to create account

India is Listed

Can you please help us out to understand the confusion. I would appreciate if Windows would provide a platform for Indian developers and business person to sell their apps. The reason being Indian market has been one of the largest app developer market for Android, Symbian and IPhone.

Monday, June 25, 2012 6:44 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Madhavjg,

It would seem that the countries listed in the note omits  India, whereas the list at the bottom does not.

You should be able to register for a developer account. I hope this helps.  Thanks for the feedback.

• Edited by mark_1h Tuesday, June 26, 2012 5:22 PM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 2:07 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Thanks for reply, But I think its still not clear to me. So does it conclude that Indian developer can create their account and sell their apps. If they can't sell

their apps then i guess there is no point in creating account. What do u say ?

Regards

Madhavjgd

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:49 AM
  • Hi Madhavjgd,

If you have developer token and can create a Developer account, you should be able to upload apps for certification to the Store.

Thanks

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 1:19 PM