none
[UWP] Restricted capability on Windows 1511

Question

• Hi,

in my app I use the restricted capability confirmAppClose. On the developer PC with Windows 10.0.17134.407 I can successfully sideload the app, although the execution-policy is restricted.

The apps TargetPlatformMinVersion is 10.0.10586.0. Under Windows 1511 (10.0.10586.545) I set the execution-policy to unrestricted and tried to sideload the app. But I get the following error:

Error 0x800701C5: While processing the request, the extension "windows.capability" could not be registered due to the following error: The requested function cannot be authorized for this application.

If I remove the confirmAppClose capability, I can sideload the app successfully on Windows 1511.

Question: If I get permission from Microsoft to use the restricted capability, can a user successfully install the app (from the store app) on Windows 1511 ?

Best regards
    Heiko

Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:59 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The problem is not related to the permission from Microsoft as you are sideloading your app. The reason for this error is that the confirmAppClose restricted capability require a device that in Windows 10 version 1703 (build 10.0.15063) and beyond. In prior Windows 10 versions the capability is private and will cause app install to fail with error message "The requested capability can not be authorized for this application."

This is also mentioned here in this document :App capability declarations.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Heiko65456465 Friday, December 7, 2018 3:22 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 1:59 AM

All replies

• Hi,

The problem is not related to the permission from Microsoft as you are sideloading your app. The reason for this error is that the confirmAppClose restricted capability require a device that in Windows 10 version 1703 (build 10.0.15063) and beyond. In prior Windows 10 versions the capability is private and will cause app install to fail with error message "The requested capability can not be authorized for this application."

This is also mentioned here in this document :App capability declarations.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by Heiko65456465 Friday, December 7, 2018 3:22 PM
    Friday, December 7, 2018 1:59 AM
  • Hi,

This is a pity. I would have preferred it if you can determine at runtime whether the authorization exists.

Best regards,
    Heiko

Friday, December 7, 2018 3:21 PM