none
Visual studio stack on Generating Code RRS feed

• Question

• Hi!

I have a project for Windows Phone platform. It is compilable bot on Win32 and ARM, but on Win32 debug rebuild takes around 1 minute 30 seconds, on ARM debug it takes more than 17 minutes. Project settings seems the same to me. I'm using Visual Studio 2013.

What could be the problem ?

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Michal.

• Moved by Shu 2017 Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:28 AM from VC++ forum
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 12:15 PM

All replies

• You should ask this question in Smart Device Forum.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=vssmartdevicesnative

Thanks

Rupesh Shukla

Wednesday, August 5, 2015 4:12 PM
  • Hi!

I have a project for Windows Phone platform. It is compilable bot on Win32 and ARM, but on Win32 debug rebuild takes around 1 minute 30 seconds, on ARM debug it takes more than 17 minutes. Project settings seems the same to me. I'm using Visual Studio 2013.

What could be the problem ?

I will appreciate any help.

Best regards,

Michal.

• Merged by Jamles Hez Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:21 AM duplicate
    Wednesday, August 5, 2015 5:45 PM
  • Hi MichalWroclaw,

Thanks for posting in MSDN forum.

It seems that you are developing a universal application, am I right? So I suggest you ask this issue to Developing Universal Windows apps forum. And you may need to provide more details about your application to reproduce this issue.

Is this issue only appears for specify project? I tested a simple project and there is no performance issue when I rebuild the proejct with ARM or x86. Have you tried build your project with release mode?

Best regards,

Shu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:27 AM
  • No it's not an universal app. It is Windows Phone 8.1 static library written in c++, but i compile it both on arm and Win32 to run on Emulator. On release mode it compiles much faster, but then it gets stack in my Windows Runtime Component I use in order to Use the library in C# Windows Phone 8.1 app.

Thursday, August 6, 2015 9:50 AM
  • AFAIK, the compiler did lots of conversion work, some underlying process on different platforms.

Try to use ProcessMonitor (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645) to find what the Visual Studio doing during build process. Add the Filter "ProcessName is devenv.exe then Include" and make some research

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, August 10, 2015 6:38 AM