none
We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello I'm trying to submit an app and this error appear We weren't able to save your info. Try again.  Error code: 0x80040803. My xap lenght is 120 Mb and it has 14000 images.

ovtapps

• Moved by Eric Fleck Friday, August 31, 2012 4:32 PM (From:Developing for Windows Phone)
    Thursday, August 30, 2012 7:27 PM

Answers

• Everyone should try their uploads again. There was a fix put into place for the recent upload issues last night, so the folks having issues uploading over the last week should be able to get their XAPs now uploaded.

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:36 PM

All replies

• I'm having the same problem, my xap file was 115MBs, then I took some things out and got it down to 96MBs, but still no luck. Out of ten tries, one of the uploads worked, and then it gave me an error saying to set the language in the assembly and upload again. AHHHHHHH!!!!!! :)
    Sunday, September 2, 2012 9:41 PM
  • First off, I'm sorry to hear about the pains on upload. We have been working on several solutions to address your issues with uploads not being able to complete and those solutions should be rolling out soon.

In the mean time, if you could reply with where you are uploading from (geographically) and what kind of Internet connection you have, that would be great.

Thank you for your patience!

• Proposed as answer by dwelzel Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:45 PM
    Tuesday, September 4, 2012 10:16 PM
  • It worked on my 14th try. Uploading from Toronto, Canada on a cable modem with 512kb/s up and 18mb/s down.

I don't have any trouble uploading large files by FTP, so that would be a good future alternative for me...

Thursday, September 6, 2012 12:42 AM
  • I am having the same problem. The XAP file size is only 1.7 MB. It fails to upload after about 15 seconds. I am located in Orlando, FL using cable internet connection.

Since this is an app update I tried reverting WMAppManifest.xml back to its original, but that didn't make a difference. The app name in the manifest has not changed. It is 

Title="Virginia Military Institute"

Anyone has any idea what the issue is?

Slobodan Stipic

• Edited by slobo80 Sunday, September 16, 2012 2:23 AM
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 2:06 AM
  • I'm also seeing this issue - XAP size is only 3.5 MB, in Redmond, WA.
    Sunday, September 16, 2012 5:41 AM
  • I am also having the same problem.  I have been trying to submit an update to my app for the last couple of weeks.  My app is small 1.65 MB and I have a high speed internet connection - Verizon FIOS.  Not sure why I can't get this uploaded.  Submitted a support ticket but the support engineer just gave me a link to the form where other people had the same issue.  I already read all the posts in the forum - that's why I was contacting support.  Needless to say this is extremely frustrating.    The error doesn't provide any useful info to help troubleshoot the problem.

study buddy

Sunday, September 16, 2012 6:48 PM
  • I am also seeing this issue with an app of size 1.9MB.  I had began upload today 9/16/2012 early in the morning and it is now evening and I am still getting the same error message "We weren't able to save your info. Try again.  Error code: 0x80040803".  I have searched the forums for all posts pertaining to this error and have ensured I am uploading a release build of my .xap with less than 50 characters all in standard ascii.  It looks like there is something wrong with Dev Center server side as far as I can tell.  Please keep us posted with any updates.

-Paul

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:02 AM
  • As an experiment, I tried submitting a brand new app using a .xap that has not been changed since being certified, I still recieved ""We weren't able to save your info. Try again.  Error code: 0x80040803". When attempting to upload the .xap, this further supports my hunch that this is a server side issue.

-Paul

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:27 AM
  • I can't believe that nobody is looking into it. At least nobody has publicly come out and admitted that there is an issue. I have twitted and got a response from @lancewmccarthy. Here is what he had to say: @lancewmccarthy: @slobo80 What region are you trying to upload the xap to? It has to match the region set in your package properties.

Here is my response to him: @slobo80: Uploading updated xap file for #wp7 app errors out with "We weren't able to save your info. Error code: 0x80040803. #wpdev #help.

I am still waiting to hear back from him.

Slobodan Stipic

Monday, September 17, 2012 12:35 AM
  • Slobodan,

Does your app support multiple languages through the use of .resx files?  I was able to update using a dummy .xap that did not contain muli-language support. 

Mind you, my problem is not solved, I can not update my intended application.

-Paul

Monday, September 17, 2012 1:11 AM
  • Me too.  I am in Redmond and can't upload...  Sigh.  I have 12 apps with updates I was planning to do them all tonight.  Spent all weekend getting them ready, and now I can't save them...  AARRGGHHH

Jason Short

Monday, September 17, 2012 4:35 AM
  • Something seems very wrong about this, I am currently escalating the issue using one of my support incident tokens through MSDN.  Hang tight guys, I'll let you know what happens.

-Paul

Monday, September 17, 2012 4:35 PM
  • I have the same here, a ~2MB xap that is published get this error, hey support please escalate this!

Monday, September 17, 2012 5:54 PM
  • I have just spoken with a concerned support tech on the phone, and the following three suggestions were provided:

1.  Ensure you are uploading over a broadband network to ensure there is not a submission timeout.

2.  If your .xap is over 200MB there it is likely that a timeout is being triggered if the upload is not fast enough.

3.  Ensure in your AssemblyInfo.cs in the Neutral Language Resource section that it reads in the form en-US or en-GB or fr-FR i.e. the Language prefix is provided in lowercase followed by a hypen followed by the Country prefix in CAPS.

I was unable to resolve my issue with these suggestions and as such, the incident is being further escalated.  It seems as though Microsoft is focused on resolving this issue soon, the tech was very professional and helpful.  He is forwarding the ticket to someone who deals more closely with the server side submission process.  I will update promptly as soon as I get more info.

-Paul

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:00 PM
  • Tried all of the above and no difference.  My XAP is only 1.9 MB.  Can't be timing out.

I don't use en-US, I use the more general "en" because all English variants are ok for my app.

It has always worked before.  I just tried to set it to en-US and it made no difference.

Jason Short

Monday, September 17, 2012 8:40 PM
  • No, my app does not support multiple languages even though it has a single resx file. It was not an issue in the App Hub, but somehow it is in the dev center.

Slobodan Stipic

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:51 PM
  • I tried setting the language to en-US with not luck.

Slobodan Stipic

Monday, September 17, 2012 11:53 PM
  • I tried all 3 suggestions and I still receive the same error.

study buddy

• Edited by StudyBuddy Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:03 AM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2012 12:03 AM
  • I'm also getting this error when trying to update an existing app. Very little changed between the previous version (published only a week ago) and the new version. Kinda stuck and really need to push this update out.

Chris Field - Mehdoh for Windows Phone

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 6:55 AM
  • This is still happening for me today (9/18)...  This has been since Saturday night now I am trying to upload updates to my apps. 

Since my apps are for football season every week that goes by HURTS.  This means there is about a 0% chance my updates will be out for next weekends games.

Jason Short

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 3:42 PM
  • I don't have any more of an update at this time other than to let everyone know that we are looking into this issue.

Thank you for your patience!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 5:38 PM
  • Seems this has been going on for over a month? http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/wpsubmit/thread/c6e489cf-d346-441a-a1af-cda4124c20f0

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:53 PM
  • No, that threads issue seemed to be a filename length.  Right now you just can't update a XAP at all.  I have tried new XAPs, updating existing XAPs, etc.  Nothing seems to be working.

But at least we know someone is looking at it now (Thanks Casey from Microsoft).

Jason Short

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:40 PM
  • I am getting the issue too. 2MB. I have uploaded many, many versions in the past, but now it seems to be broken.
    I get the error in IE 10 and Chrome on Windows 8.
    Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:39 AM
  • I do have an resx file in my app if it helps to resolve this issue. I am getting very stressed about this now. I really need to submit an update to my app.
    Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:22 PM
  • Just a quick update on the support ticket I filed on this issue:

I e-mailed the support team my .xap on Tuesday so they could reproduce the issue on their end and possibly trace the issue on a debug server.  As of today, I have only recieved confirmation that the issue is being looked into.  Hopefully we can get more insight soon. 

-Paul 

Thursday, September 20, 2012 1:54 PM
  • This is getting a little ridiculous. It has been since Saturday I have been trying multiple times a day.  If I HAD been able to get the update submitted it would have been approved today...

Jason Short

Thursday, September 20, 2012 3:46 PM
  • Same here. 5mb XAP not working. :(

Shahar Prish Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/CumGranoSalis Professional Excel Services: http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Excel-Services-Programmer/dp/0470104864

Thursday, September 20, 2012 8:58 PM
  • Hey folks, I think many, many developers are having this issue, and we all get the same response, which is essentially: "Yes, we know, but there is no resolution, yet." It's not related to file name, file size, or anything specific I can see other than you are updating an existing version. My experiences with the Windows 8 Store (so far) are totally opposite, and hopefully the WP7 App Hub will learn a little from them, inluding having Live Chat support, which alleviates 95% of the phenomelanlly slow email response time. #supportindydevs

Scott J. Peterson, MCSD, MCP+SB, MCT

Friday, September 21, 2012 1:48 AM
  • FYI, I was actually able to sucessfully submit and update a XAP now after about 10 days. You guys should try as well. Hoping this resolves the "old version getting downloaded" when new version shows in Marketplace issue, too.

Scott J. Peterson, MCSD, MCP+SB, MCT

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Everyone should try their uploads again. There was a fix put into place for the recent upload issues last night, so the folks having issues uploading over the last week should be able to get their XAPs now uploaded.

Friday, September 21, 2012 5:36 PM
  • Confirmed as of today 9/21/2012, it appears this issue is resolved.

Thanks Casey for keeping us updated!

-Paul

Friday, September 21, 2012 7:16 PM
  • I was finally able to upload the new xap. :) Looks like they have fixed it.

Slobodan Stipic

Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:10 AM
  • Now we got the same problem with our app that we try to update.

... in German:

Ihre Informationen konnten nicht gespeichert werden. Versuchen Sie es erneut. Fehlercode: 0x80040803

but same error code ... please fix that

Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:08 PM
  • hi,

same error in my account. also also tried to upload an app, but got the same error:

We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803

occurs on beta submission and normal submission... :(

hope a fix will be deployed fast....

regards

enno

Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:04 PM
  • Same here. This issue occurred the other week, started on a Friday night, lasted 7 days, was resolved on Friday 21st Sep, and now it's happening again.

Not very happy at all.

After being resolved on Friday, I managed to upload a new app, that went fine, however tonight, I went to update a different app, only very recently published, and I got an error "Failed to invoke: savePageData".

looked into that, and apparently had to clear my cache. did that, and that sorted that issue, but now i'm getting the old "We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803" error again!!

Come on Microsoft, this is costing us Windows Phone Developers valuable customers, and also making us lose confidence in the platform!

Thursday, September 27, 2012 9:21 PM
  • Yep,

Looks like this issue has started again.  Update worked on September 21, 2012.  Needed to make a minor change and discovered today September 27, 2012 that the same old bug is back again.   Can we get some verification that this is being looked into and that a stable fix will be rolled out?

-Paul

Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:00 PM
  • Same here... Unable to update an existing app again. "We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803" etc.. Was OK last week, now broken again.

Saturday, September 29, 2012 11:29 AM
  • Casey,

Is this issue being looked into again?  Multiple users are reporting that this issue is back.  Can we get some assurance that the team is aware of this and doing something about it?

-Paul

Monday, October 1, 2012 10:08 PM
  • Hi all,

Your recent reports of this behavior have already been sent to the appropriate teams. We will update this thread once new information pertaining to this is available.

We really appreciate your patience here, thank you.

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Tuesday, October 2, 2012 6:17 AM
  • I've just managed to submit an update (haven't been able to for the past few days)... so might be worth giving it another go if people are still having troubles.

Wednesday, October 3, 2012 8:41 PM
  • Hi all,

We're seeing that most of the previous reports of this issue have resolved now. If you happen to hit this error again, please submit a support request so we can collect necessary information and provide a resolution.

Thanks

Dev Center Help: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/windowsphone/help --- Submit Support Request: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=256412

Thursday, October 4, 2012 6:43 AM
  • I can confirm that the issue has been fixed again as of October 2, 2012.  Thanks to the engineers for resolving this again, and big thanks for keeping us updated Danny!

-Paul

Thursday, October 4, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Today, I also meet the problem.

I upload xap file to dev center, and the website be display the error code: 0x80040803.

The xap file had 515kb, and support en-US and zh-TW.

Do I lost the something to configure?

Please help me, thank you so much.!

Saturday, October 6, 2012 5:21 PM
  • Paul, the issue is back, cannot upload my XAP, get this message:

"We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803"

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 3:14 AM
  • I also met the same problem. I tried for 2 days to apdate the submission on "Market selection" and I receive this answer:

Couldn't upload app.

We weren't able to save your info. Try again later.

Salvino Marras

I tried also to delete the submission and resend all the apdate, but nothing change.

Today october 26, I tried to update submission deleting prior submission, starting update with market selection e then uploading new xap and submission had no error.
    Thursday, October 25, 2012 11:04 AM
  • I have the same error this morning. No error code, just:

Couldn't upload app
        We couldn't save your info at this time. Try again later.

*** UPDATE: I Deleted the Submission and started over and it accepted it this time ***

[url=http://www.spritehand.com]www.spritehand.com[/url] | [url=http://www.andybeaulieu.com]www.andybeaulieu.com[/url]

Thursday, October 25, 2012 2:07 PM
  • I'm having a similar problem here. Please help.

'm trying to submit my app to the Windows Phone 8 store, and it fails with the following errors:

1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: pl-PL/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: it-IT/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: ko-KR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: fr-FR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: zh-TW/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: ja-JP/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: es-ES/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: pt-PT/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: el-GR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again

If I crack open the xap and manually delete the following lines from my AppManifest.xaml:

<AssemblyPart Source="cs-CZ/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="de-DE/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="el-GR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="es-ES/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="fr-FR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="it-IT/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="ja-JP/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="ko-KR/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="pl-PL/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="pt-PT/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="ru-RU/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="zh-CN/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />
        <AssemblyPart Source="zh-TW/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll" />

after submission I get:

What should I do?

Monday, November 19, 2012 7:50 AM
  • The same for me. I've first tried to upload my app with advertising banners and i got the error:

1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: it-IT/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 
        1016: A file registered in the app manifest is missing: es-ES/Microsoft.Advertising.Mobile.resources.dll. Use a different one and then try again 

after that i removed the all advertising references and then i got error

please help

Friday, November 30, 2012 3:12 PM
  • I too am getting

"We weren't able to save your info. Try again. Error code: 0x80040803"

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Hey 

It has been a quite time and today i faced with the same problem. 

I am connecting from Turkey with a pretty fast mobile broadband connection. Culture inside AssemblyInfo is en-US. 

Urgent help please. 

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 2:43 PM
  • This error went away after I removed multiple occurrences of the same capability from my wmappmanifest.xml
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:49 PM
  • Thank you Daniel!, i checked my WMAppManifest.xml file and after removing the duplicate capability definition .xap file uploaded succesfully.
    Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:58 PM
  • Does any body know how to fix this? Editing manifest file did not help me.
    Monday, February 25, 2013 9:13 AM