none
[WPSL]How to achieve SSL Pinning in Windows Phone 8.1 silverlight RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I spent lot of time to find the SSL pinning in windows phone silverlight app. Didn't find any good solution.

The only option I found here. The problem with this approach is: we receiving(and we have to wait till receive) complete data to check the server certificates. 

I found StreamSocket API and ServerCertificate property here. But it is not available in silverlight.

Please Is there any API which I am missing?

Thanks 

Pallam Madhukar Windows Phone Developer

Friday, February 19, 2016 5:52 AM

Answers

• Thanks Xavier,

I have implemented SSL Pinning in Windows Runtime Component with StreamSocket and added the Windows Runtime Component reference to WP8.1 Silverlight project.

This solved my problem.

Thanks,

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi Pallam Madhukar

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

As a friendly reminder please make sure to add the appropriate tags to the title of your post as per Guide to posting: subject line tags

I have saw the document in your original post, the requirements of this API is “Minimum supported phone: windows phone 8.1[windows runtime apps only]”, but your project is windows phone silverlight8.1.

So you need to use this API in windows phone 8.1 or UWP project.

Here's a code sample about "StreamSocket" for your details: StreamSocket sample

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, February 22, 2016 5:55 AM
  • Thanks Xavier,

I have implemented SSL Pinning in Windows Runtime Component with StreamSocket and added the Windows Runtime Component reference to WP8.1 Silverlight project.

This solved my problem.

Thanks,

Monday, February 22, 2016 7:17 PM
  • Thanks Xavier,

This solved my problem.

Thanks,

Hi Pallam Madhukar,

It's ok. Thank you for sharing your solution with us.

Best Regards,

Xavier Eoro

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 5:31 AM