migrate an application from desktop mfc to windows phone 8 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I have created an desktop based application using mfc dialog based application and i haved used socket and wasapi like wavein , waveout. I like to migrate my application for windows phone 8. But here I am witnessing lot of option like ;

1. Windows phone Direct 3d and Xaml app
    2. Windows phone Direct3d(Native only)
    3. Windows phone Runtime component
    4. ;Windows phone empty dll
    5. Windows phone empty static library

I am perplexed what platform I should choose.

Thanks,

Syed Jamil.

jamil

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 8:14 AM

All replies

• Hi Jamil,

Visual Studio and Windows Phone 8 Give You So Much Freedom To Go With Any Of These Template. Its Totally Depends Upon Your App Structure And Complexity And Your Proficiency In Any Of That.

Lets Say We Discuss All One By One.
    1. Windows Phone Direct 3D and XAML App
     If You are Good With Native Langunage(C++) Direct3D + XAML(Silverlight For Windows Phone) Pages Hybrid App. Normally If You Have Some Extensive Graphic Rendering In You App So You Code That in C++ And Other Part Will Be Normal XAML Pages.
    2. Windows Phone Direct3D(Native Only)
    If You Are Much Proficient in C++ And Then You Can Go With That Option. You Will Make Your App Totally in C++.
    3. Windows Phone Runtime Component
     If You Are Porting Your App From Other Version Or Want To Share Your Some Code With Other Platforms Then Normally You Go With This Time And You Make Portable Class Libraries And Share Same Code With Runtime Like Windows Phone And Windows 8 Metro Apps.
    4. Windows Phone Empty DLL
    In This type Project Template You Have EMPTY Template And Make The Things As Per Your Need.

So totally its your call whether you want to go with which option.

Regards,
    Arslan Pervaiz

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 9:47 AM