none
How to Add Prerequiset for my UWP app RRS feed

All replies

• Hi,

I'm quite confused about what you wants to get. Microsoft VC++ is an IDE. Do you mean you want to open your UWP app in VC++? Or do you means that when people are running your app, they needs to install Microsoft VC++ in their device first?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 3:08 AM
  • Yes one for my app feature required this VC++ so i want to install this with my UWP APP.. is there a way to add VC++ with my app and instal this..before or after UWP app install
    Wednesday, August 28, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Hi Ankur tripathi,
    You may need to configure Dependencies in your package manifest for your pre-install VC++ .Derive from thread 1 and thread 2, if you publish your app package to MS store and let your users install the app from MS store, the store will automatically install the dependencies. If you want to install the app using PowerShell,you should use Add-AppxPackage cmdlet and DependencyPath parameter to install them. 

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 29, 2019 3:20 AM
  • Thanks for replay.. can you give me small hint or just a line of code 

how to add VC++ 2015 x86 and x64 as a dependencies?

Thursday, August 29, 2019 4:49 AM
  • Hi Ankur tripathi,

You could follow the code example to try.

<Dependencies>
        <PackageDependency Name="Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.***"
          Publisher="CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US"
          MinVersion="*.*.*.*"/>    
    </Dependencies>

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, August 30, 2019 9:58 AM