How to handle "Exception from HRESULT: 0xE8010014/0xE8010001" thrown by MediaCapture.InitializeAsync() RRS feed

• Question

• Occasionally either of the following two exceptions is thrown by MediaCapture.InitializeAsync():

Exception from HRESULT: 0xE8010001
    Exception from HRESULT: 0xE8010014
    This is reported by users. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce it.  Should MediaCapture.InitializeAsync() be tried repeatedly until the error is gone or reach a limit of tries? 

Hong

Sunday, April 26, 2015 12:08 PM

All replies

• Hi Hong,

I can confirm that 0xE8010014 represents a driver fault. Unfortunately without a dump or some other trace file it is hard to track this down. You could create a dump file if you can reproduce it, upload it to your OneDrive and then post the link here, I can grab it and take a look.

>>This is reported by users. Unfortunately I am unable to reproduce it.

Could you please collect the OS version which have this issue?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, April 27, 2015 9:45 AM
  • Thank you for the tip, Franklin.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the OS version. We will ask users to report this with the OS version if they agree.

Hong

Monday, April 27, 2015 12:08 PM
  • Thank you for the tip, Franklin.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the OS version. We will ask users to report this with the OS version if they agree.

Hong

Hi Hong,

Any updates?

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, May 4, 2015 11:06 AM
  • Hi guys,

I can reproduce the MediaCapture.InitializeAsync failure with HRESULT=0xE8010014 on Lumia 620.

OS version: 8.10.14219.341

Firmware revision number: 3058.50000.1425.0005

Seem to happen after an app, that uses MediaCapture, is suspended, then after a time is started again and creates a new MediaCapture instance and calls InitlizeAsync.

On suspending event, the MediaCapture instance is released by nullptr assignment.

Is there any workaround for this issue?

• Edited by Bartha Adam Friday, November 20, 2015 12:45 PM
    Friday, November 20, 2015 12:10 PM