none
How can I test a '.appx' file once it was uploaded on the Partner Center/Microsoft Store ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am currently working on the Partner Center and I would like to test my PC game/app in real conditions once it has been converted in .appx format. I need to run such kind of test because I already submitted and published games that passed the certification process but then that were not running as expected.

I already know one way to do it, by publishing then download the app while its store page has been made unavailable for public.

But is there another way to do so, a way that would be like the sandbox environment for Xbox ?

The reason I would like to test my PC game without publishing is that in most cases, I need to publish a game both on Xbox and PC and since they share the same page and "availability" option, I cannot afford to hide the page on the release date in order to run the test...

Thanks in advance for help!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand your requirement. But I'm sorry to say that there is no way to do that only if you publish it in private. UWP apps are always running in the sandbox when running on the desktop.  My suggestion is that you could test your app using a sideload package. 

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Thursday, November 21, 2019 1:51 AM