The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
[UWP][C#] How to change the icon of the side-loading installer page? RRS feed

• Question

• Visual Studio generated side-loading installer package's index.html file uses the following default icon:

I have removed all default icons in the Assets folder and use only custom icons for the app.  I do not know where the build process gets this default icon.

Could anyone offer a tip on how to change this icon to a custom icon?

I could do this by editing index.html, but a new index.html is generated every time.  

Hong

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 2:05 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Generally, this icon is decided by the Package Logo Assets. 

You need to change this assets to change the logo behavior of the index.html.

By the way, We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 7:00 AM
  • Thank you, Roy.

Your tip is very helpful for me to find the culprit. 

This issue is related to another one.  Let me explain it here briefly.  Hope it is not confusing.

The UWP project is a part of a X-platform solution based on Uno.   The shared folder had the Assets folder with all the images, and platform specific projects (e.g. UWP) simply reference the shared folder, and they did not have Assets folder.  I specified the images for Package Log with the shared folder's Assets.  Everything looked fine in VS (i.e. the preview of Package Logo looked perfect), but the images were not used for this sideloading package.   Once I copied the images to the Assets folder of the UWP project, it worked. 

Hong

Tuesday, November 5, 2019 3:31 PM