none
Issue with Contoso Cookbook RRS feed

• Question

• I used the regret function when prompted loading the Contoso Cookbook  from 8 to 8.1 in the solutions explorer and it no longer works. I get 

SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2ee7, Could not complete the operation due to error 00002ee7.
    File: default.html

CSS3119: The media query -ms-view-state has been deprecated. -ms-view-state media queries may be altered or unavailable for releases after Windows 8.1. Instead, use max-width and min-width queries.

The method Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.get_Value has been deprecated. Value may be altered or unavailable for releases after Windows 8.1. Instead, query for window layout sizes directly.

just staring out I am not sure where to begin. If possible leave the link to the 8 to 8.1 app regret please

Monday, May 18, 2015 6:11 PM

Answers

• Hi James 8.1

Simply read from your error message

XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2ee7 - more like network issue, try to validate if you can successfully connected to the internet.

CSS3119: The media query -ms-view-state has been deprecated also the method Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.get_Value has been deprecated.

-> I think you already find the solution. use max-width and min-width instead for -ms-view-state and use ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView to get an ApplicationView object.

For the migration detail things I would suggest you go through the doc: Migrating Windows Store apps  to Windows 8.1

--James

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:12 AM

All replies

• Hi James,

I help you move this case to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum for dedicated support.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:08 AM
  • Hi James 8.1

Simply read from your error message

XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x2ee7 - more like network issue, try to validate if you can successfully connected to the internet.

CSS3119: The media query -ms-view-state has been deprecated also the method Windows.UI.ViewManagement.ApplicationView.get_Value has been deprecated.

-> I think you already find the solution. use max-width and min-width instead for -ms-view-state and use ApplicationView.GetForCurrentView to get an ApplicationView object.

For the migration detail things I would suggest you go through the doc: Migrating Windows Store apps  to Windows 8.1

--James

Thursday, May 21, 2015 2:12 AM