none
UWP app publishing issues - wrong review of Privacy policies RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have been developing UWP apps for a while. I have several published apps.

But since a few weeks I am having a strange issue when publishing my apps.

I publish some new application and DO provide a link to the privacy policy in the submission. I am using the same account as always to publish, same procedure, no changes from my side that I can see.

When I download the app in a client computer, in the first run after installation, I get the messages “publisher unverified” and "The publisher did not provide a link to the privacy policy".

I tried to publish again the applications and in the certification comments I added a note informing that I provided the privacy policy. The application was published again, no change. Same issue.

What can I do to fix this? Is someone else having the same issue? I am already having this issue in 2 different applications.

Thursday, December 12, 2019 8:00 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After consulting, the team wants to talk to you directly. Please open a free support ticket here: Contact Us.

Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select Account setup and management for issue type.

With the ticket, the team could review your account in the backend to see what happens.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, December 13, 2019 3:03 AM
  • Hi,

After A LOT of investigation I found out that I could remove the message "publisher - unverified" by registering my app in Azure and using Graph for authetication.

But in order to do this I had to "validate my domain?"...

I must be missing something here and I am very lost. I only want my UWP app to login users. It is basic security, I verify it is user X, I show specific content for user X. I verify it is user Y, I show specific content for user Y. (like Hello Name, etc.)

But I have to register my App in Azure… And validate my domain??? What domain? Why? I don't have any part in this authentication.

I have been searching and searching for hours… Can someone point me in the right direction? I am just thinking about going wild and skip the login, I grab current user in Windows and skip all this thing.

Thanks,

Sunday, December 15, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Hi,

Please open a free support ticket here: Contact Us. With the ticket, the store team could help you check the issue and give the solution.

Choose to Contact us, select Dashboard for Topic and select Account setup and management for issue type.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Monday, December 16, 2019 1:46 AM