none
Reinstalling Store Application If Not Discoverable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We are currently shipping our App as a preload on laptops. Its discoverability is set as "Make this product available but not discoverable in the Microsoft Store, and: Stop acquisition: Any customer with a direct link can see the product’s Microsoft Store listing, but they can only download it if they owned the product before, or have promotional code and are using a Windows 10 device."

Unfortunately, it seems that despite having the application pre-installed, the only way to reinstall the application is to redeem a promotional code, regardless of if the user had logged in with their Microsoft account or not.

Is there a step missing in our pre-install routine, so that a user that logs on to the store can become owner of the application, to enable them to reinstall the application if it gets uninstalled?

Thank you.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 5:43 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently, all I could find is this: Generate preinstall packages for OEMs. In this document, it shows how to get the pre-install packages generated from the Dev Center. But I'm not sure if this could work because I don't know if the package is a common package that could be installed directly by a user. 

Your scenario is a strange scenario. In case the above document doesn't work and you are Microsoft OEMs, please contact Microsoft directly for support. If you are not Microsoft OEMs, please email partnerops@microsoft.com which is mentioned in the end of the document.

Best regards,

Roy

"Developing Universal Windows apps" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview)!
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Friday, January 10, 2020 2:58 AM