none
My app cannot be found in the Store

Question

• I have released a new app 3 days ago. I thought it needs some time to index it and add to search results. But my app is still invisible. A tried searching it by name or keywords. Nothing works. 

The name of the app is Pola. But you will not find it in the Store. The only way you can reach the app is a deep link. But it's not the most user-friendly way of discovering apps: deep link.

When I published the app and announced it in social media, people were complaining and still complain that they can't find it in the Store. What can I do the make the app visible in the Store? Is it some bug in the Store itself? When it will be fixed?

Monday, December 07, 2015 1:01 PM

Answers

• OK, my app is now browsable in the Store. I think it just needs some time before app becomes visible. But I guess it eventually will if it gets good ratings and doesn't crash too much.
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:42 PM

All replies

• Hi all

Is there now a solution for the bug, that some Windows 10 Universal Apps are not visible/searchable in the Windows 10 Store?

Problem
    The app is accessible with the Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9WZDNCRFJ323
    But if you try to search for it, e.g. Announcements for Windows, the app is not listed.

In the Dashboard, the submission is configured like this: Distribution Your app can be found by customers browsing or searching the Store.

Workaround
    Two month ago Microsoft answered to this problem:
    I reviewed your account and show that the app is published correctly. I see that your apps can still be accessed through deep link and current users of the app will still be able to receive updates. We understand your concerns about your app experience with the search results. Your app is published and can be found here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/announcements-for-windows/9wzdncrfj323. We recommend that you share this deeplink via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Solution
    Has anybody solved this issue? Microsoft seems not to be willing to resolve this problem.

Have a good day
    Michael

Sunday, November 22, 2015 9:33 AM
  • I've had the exact issue. I have recently published (3) new UWP apps to the Windows 10 app store. A search for my developer name shows only (1) of those (3) new apps. Searching for my apps by name produces the same result by showing only (1) of (3) apps. Using the deep link, I can find all 3 but it's no good if customers can't locate the apps by searching in the store. Downloads for the (2) hidden apps are almost non-existent.

Please address this Microsoft.

Monday, November 23, 2015 7:30 PM
  • Hello Michael,

If you still require assistance with this issue, please follow up on your current request if you have not already or create a request with us here through your developer account so we may investigate further. Thank you!

Tuesday, November 24, 2015 7:55 PM
  • Hi Justin

I have now opened another ticket. Lets see if the answer (workaround) is different than two month before. I'm back for an update in about 1-3 days.

Have a good day
    Michael

UPDATE: The answer is here (see separate response), but no solution.
    • Edited by darkprojekt Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, November 24, 2015 8:30 PM
  • lets see if you have any better luck than any of us in the existing thread

dev-centerlistings-whats-the-point-in-keywords

9239376-fix-keyword-discoverability-in-windows-10-store

• Edited by Fred Liang Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:36 PM
    Wednesday, November 25, 2015 12:30 PM
  • Hi all

Nope, Microsoft has still no solution for this bug and seems still not very encouraged to do anything to solve.

------------------Response from Microsoft Customer Support ------------------

Hello Michael,

I understand you have some concerns about searching apps on the Store. I did read over the previous cases you had opened and what the agents had provided is correct. I know this is not the response you are wanting to hear but my suggestion would be to leave your feedback on our uservoice site at the link below.

I have already selected the category, you can either create your own feedback or add to an existing one.

Where to leave your feedback
    https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/category/81614-store-search

Best Regards,

Joe

------------------

Leaving a user voice is just to keep us busy. Microsoft does exactly know this bug, we don't need to tell them again that there is a very anoying bug.

As a direct consequence, I have stopped developing apps for Windows and Windows Phone until this bug is resolved. Why should I spend my time when I finally reach only 20 persons?

Have a good day

Michael

Wednesday, November 25, 2015 2:40 PM
  • Hi,

Same here. Every time a new bug introduced the support doing no resolution, just saying really-really anoying things like "we are sorry for your issue Have a great weekend!"

Is it a joke?

"Your apps can still be accessed through deep link and current users of the app will still be able to receive updates.

We understand your concerns about your app experience with the search results.

We recommend that you share these deeplinks via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.?

Best regards,

Justin"

I'm really thinking about ending Windows store support and going only with apple/google play.

If they just randomly hide apps from the Windows Store Search result then it does not worth to create new apps to the Store.

• Edited by devtommy Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:43 AM x
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 10:42 AM
  • The issue can occur to an app update, so not only new apps can result in the non-visibility, also existing good running apps can be affected.

Thursday, November 26, 2015 1:28 PM
  • For me this issue occured without any update on already published apps
    Thursday, November 26, 2015 3:45 PM
  • 3 of my apps dissapered from the search result when I search to my Publisher name.

I oppened support ticket, but Support does NOT HELP about this issue!

Just sending me the same fake answer.

Anyone knows what can we do?

Also what causing apps to dissapering from the search result?

Friday, November 27, 2015 6:39 AM
  • Microsoft support not understand that this issue is a bug, they saying fake answers.

OK, Microsoft will NOT help:

"We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers.  After reviewing your request regarding your app's current search issues, I have verified that your app is still accessible.  I have tested the deep link to your app and found it is accessible and allows me to download the app. Should you find that your deep link is not working, I will gladly review the matter and investigate further. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do to improve the discoverability of your app.

Use of social media to share your deep link and other tips for promoting your app to the public can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn745655.aspx ?Thank you for reaching out.?

Best regards,"

ticket id: SRX1314625905ID

Because of this, I discontinue Windows store and I go to other platforms!

Friday, November 27, 2015 4:28 PM
  • I had two month ago a long conversation with the helpdesk chat. The guy confirmed that he has the same problem with his own apps and nobody is able to help.

I really don't understand why Microsoft doesn't care. They are not stupid, so there must be reason.

Friday, November 27, 2015 5:03 PM
  • After this problem in the Store for more than 2 months.

And after that Microsoft support saying that this is how the Store intended to work and everything is allright, no problem, "have a great weekend".

For me it means exatly that Microsoft DO NOT care about this problem and DO NOT care abot us, developers!

Wednesday, December 02, 2015 3:37 PM
  • "We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps"
    My suggestion for Microsoft: Just do nothing and everything will be OK! We DO NOT want this kind of improvements! No, thanks!

I'm waiting a response from Microsoft in this Forum!

1.) Why the Microsoft support guys doing unusable (fake) support? (just responding the same template anwers all the time again and again)

2.) Why is this bug in the Windows Store search? When it will be fixed? Or will it be fixed ever?

3.Who decided which app will be hidden from the Windows Store search result?

Thursday, December 03, 2015 9:39 AM
  • Hello Friend,

I have the exact problem. I think Microsoft killing developer ! 

They could not give me a resons. 

They could not give reasons.
    Sunday, December 06, 2015 11:23 AM
  • Microsoft just hide apps from the search results - even if you just search for your Publisher name - and support will NOT help you, try support and  they will allways saying the same fake answer:
    "We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers.  After reviewing your request regarding your app's current search issues, I have verified that your app is still accessible.  I have tested the deep link to your app and found it is accessible and allows me to download the app. Should you find that your deep link is not working, I will gladly review the matter and investigate further. Otherwise, there is nothing I can do to improve the discoverability of your app.

Use of social media to share your deep link and other tips for promoting your app to the public can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn745655.aspx ?Thank you for reaching out.?

Best regards,"

My suggestion to Microsoft: Just do nothing and everyhing will be OK! We DO NOT want this kind of improvements! No, thanks!

I'm waiting an answer from @Microsoft:

1.) Why the Microsoft support guys doing unusable (fake) support? (just responding the same template anwers all the time again and again)

2.) Why is this bug in the Windows Store search? When it will be fixed? Or will it be fixed ever?

3.) Who decided which app will be hidden from the Windows Store search result?

@darkprojekt: thanks the uservoice tickets!

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/10955739-bug-microsoft-store-is-hiding-apps-that-are-publi

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/10293447-your-apps-can-still-be-accessed-through-deep-link

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/7580193-issues-with-search

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/9565209-new-ranking-algorithm-in-marketplace

• Edited by devtommy Monday, December 07, 2015 11:50 AM x
    Monday, December 07, 2015 11:12 AM
  • Microsoft just hide apps from the search results - even if you just search for your Publisher name - and support will NOT help you, try support and  they will allways saying the same fake answer:

Best regards,"

My suggestion to Microsoft: Just do nothing and everyhing will be OK! We DO NOT want this kind of improvements! No, thanks!

I'm waiting an answer from @Microsoft:

3.) Who decided which app will be hidden from the Windows Store search result?

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/10955739-bug-microsoft-store-is-hiding-apps-that-are-publi

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/10293447-your-apps-can-still-be-accessed-through-deep-link

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/7580193-issues-with-search

https://wpdev.uservoice.com/forums/110705-universal-windows-platform/suggestions/9565209-new-ranking-algorithm-in-marketplace

• Proposed as answer by devtommy Monday, December 07, 2015 1:27 PM
    Monday, December 07, 2015 1:27 PM
  • I agree with you, Microsoft support guys are unusable/joke. 

I had an published app since 2012, went missing suddenly in 24 November. I had contacted Microsoft support as soon as I realized the issue, and the support:

- first reply me it had no issue, he can find it it US store (which is cheating me as my chart shows 0 download till now, usually had over 200 downloads)

- next reply admit the issue,

- third reply the issue is solved but actually not, (he didn't even go check)

- last reply telling me will check the issue again next week. (why not ASAP, joke right?)

He had been 'supporting' me for more than a week, and till today my app is still missing. 

Monday, December 07, 2015 2:22 PM
  • me too. my applications automatically update and not displayed on the store again. 
    Monday, December 07, 2015 3:33 PM
  • me too. I can't search my application
    Monday, December 07, 2015 3:48 PM
  • Right now the app can be found in Windows 10 Mobile Store but is still invisible for Windows Phones 8.1. 
    Tuesday, December 08, 2015 9:02 AM
  • My app still not found in the Windows Phone Store search
    Wednesday, December 09, 2015 9:16 AM
  • I have same issue. I uploaded my app before 1 day and it is already published but still it is not showing in the store.

Wednesday, December 09, 2015 10:00 AM
  • Hello Łukasz,

It sounds like this may be a UWP application, which would mean it is by design. More information may be found here. If that is not the case, please create a request with us here through your developer account so we may assist you. Thank you!

Thursday, December 10, 2015 7:22 PM
  • Exact same situation here. My app disappeared 2 months ago from windows 10 store and a week ago from the 8.1 store too. After opening several tickets and having several chat sessions I ended up having the same stupid answer like you.
    Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:32 PM
  • @Justin H. - MSFT

It is time wast to create support tickets, the support will give this template answer without any help:

Use of social media to share your deep link and other tips for promoting your app to the public can be found here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/xaml/dn745655.aspx ?Thank you for reaching out.?"

Friday, December 11, 2015 4:23 AM
  • Hi Justin, any update on this issue? Seems many developer is having the issue and the support doesn't help at all.
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 1:01 PM
  • Microsoft support didn't respect developers like us. I get few replies from the support, they keep said the issue is resolved, but actually not. The support said check again next week turn out no reply anymore.
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 1:05 PM
  •  10 days ago all application of i  (WinPhone 8.1 and 8.1 WinPhone Siverlight  project) can not be found in the store without email  Attention needed  , but all my game maked with unity still fine in the store, What do I have to do now, rebuid to UW ?  

or my applications so bad not to be seen on the  microsoft store also gives us another reason I can withstand :(

• Edited by thoai.tl Saturday, December 12, 2015 6:47 PM
    Saturday, December 12, 2015 4:42 PM
  • Same here. This is so annoying. I think Microsoft wants to kill its app platform completely. Bye bye. Have fun. Searching another platform.
    • Edited by XHotSniperX Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:30 AM
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:29 AM
  • Same problem here. I had two good running apps with good ratings. After updating to UWP (I spent tons of hours) Microsoft just hide them. What Kind of joke is that? Now I have near to zero downlaods. Great Microsoft. You want the devs to leave Microsoft for Apple and Google or what?
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:32 PM
  • OK, my app is now browsable in the Store. I think it just needs some time before app becomes visible. But I guess it eventually will if it gets good ratings and doesn't crash too much.
    Sunday, December 13, 2015 2:42 PM
  • NOT OK!!!

Once again: I speak about Windows Phone 8 apps.
    My apps in the store for more than 2-3 years.

If I search for my Publisher name 3 of my 28 apps not shown. Also when I tap on the "More apps from this developer" at the Windows Phone Store it only displays 25 of my 28 apps. 3 of my app just hidden from the search result.

Windows Store support saying the same answer and closing my tickets and not doing any help!

2.) Why is this bug in the Windows Phone Store search? When it will be fixed? Or will it be fixed ever?

3.) Who decided which app will be hidden from the Windows Phone Store search result?

Monday, December 14, 2015 10:30 AM
  • @Microsoft Will you care about this issue with the Windows Phone Store search results?
    Namely if I search for my publishername only part of my apps displayed in the search result, but not all.

Microsoft customer support not helping at all, if you intereseted in see ticket id: SRX1314625905ID

• Edited by devtommy Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:28 AM x
    Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:25 AM
  • It seems that this bug will never be fixed.

The Windows Phone\Mobile Store search result has a bug namely if I search for my publishername only part of my apps displayed in the search result, but not all.

Microsoft customer support not helping at all, if you intereseted in see ticket id: SRX1314625905ID

It is better to go with Google Play and Apple AppStore as their Store and Dashboard just working as expected.

Wednesday, December 16, 2015 5:59 AM
  • A moderator has merged my thread into this, but the problem of Łukasz is not related with the visibility problem we have.
    Another tactic of Microsoft to hide this problem?

Wednesday, December 23, 2015 8:25 AM
  • I have released a new app 20 days ago but my app is still invisible.

I was looking in the store by keywords. And also try to click on the "More from TT Software"

Nothing works.  :(

This is my app: Wifi Map Password

Url: microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/wifi-map-password/9nblggh6jjd9

Monday, December 28, 2015 5:59 AM
  • Sir,my apps has been published correctly and the link provided by microsoft are also working,but the problem is that i am not able to find it in windows store either by names or keywords.Please help me.
    Thursday, December 31, 2015 4:29 AM
  • Microsoft is actually hiding most of the apps created by independent developers. Read the answer I got when I exposed the same issue the the tech support:

We are improving the Windows and Windows Phone Store in order to enhance discoverability of apps that target the broadest set of customers. Your apps can still be accessed through deep links and current users of the apps will still be able to receive updates.

We understand your concerns about your apps's experience with the search results. Your apps are published and can be found with the deeplinks. We recommend that you share the deeplinks via social media or your website for promoting your app to the public.

Thank you,

Kindest Regards,

Ashley A.

Hard to believe, but you better name yourself "Disney" or "Ubisoft" or "Gameloft" or nobody will be able to find your apps unless they have a deeplink

Saturday, January 09, 2016 9:06 PM
  • This is the default answer from the Microsoft Support since month. Expect no help or any change for this issue.
    Saturday, January 09, 2016 9:09 PM
  • Its a subtitle gesture, suggesting you to develop for iOS and Android isntead
    Monday, January 11, 2016 11:59 PM
  • Sadly I am also having the same issue - app is Science Skool. :(

Alex

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 2:26 PM
  • Really very very unprofessional from microsoft.....DO they send any thing live without testing........so many serious bugs in the store ........this has put a real question mark on the quality of products by microsoft especially windows store.........my app was searchable two months ago......but post that i was unable to submit any update, moreover it went invisible for reasons only known to Microsoft........

App Name is Photo Editor 9i

Another app Photo Editor 9.0 is searchable in windows 8.1 store but not searchable on windows 10 store.

I contacted support team but  they are unable to help me....

Now I am only left with one option.....that to remove my app from the store.....

I would advice my fellow developers ....to think twice before submitting any app on windows store...

Here I think Microsoft has the monopoly that they can do whatever they want to our app like making it invisible from the store or they will not allow you to submit an update for the app

This is really really annoying from microsoft.

:(

plus they are least interested in resolving the isues 

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 3:57 PM
  • Same here I lost at least 4-5 apps, they vanish from the search results. I'm super angry!

Should we continue making windows apps or try our luck elsewhere!?

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 4:11 PM
  • Got an email last week saying that they reviewed my app and it will be visible and in the store. Apparently from this morning my app is shown again in the search results. 
    • Proposed as answer by darkprojekt Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:27 PM
    Saturday, January 30, 2016 9:40 PM
  • Hi all

My app that was hidden in the store since the migration into the Windows 10 store is now also findable in the store search. And it is listed in the "show all apps of the developer" search. I didn't had contact with the Microsoft support, so the problem of the store seems to be solved, probably for all apps???

Seems that I can go back to work on my apps for the Windows Store again. :-)

Have a good day
    Michael

Thursday, February 04, 2016 8:27 PM
  • Well, i have an app with same issue.

It looks like Microsoft, as they did with Windows Mobile 6.5 is intentionally killing the windows phone ecosystem.

Universal Windows apps lose much of their potential without the cell phones platform. The Windows tablet market is very small.

We just can't trust them. That's the way it is.

Maybe we should leave the entire Microsoft software stack.

40 years from now Satya Nadella, Terry Myerson, Steve Balmer, Stefan Elop, Bill Gates, and ..., maybe Microsoft itself will be death too.

Have a great day Microsoft guys.

Thursday, February 04, 2016 10:09 PM
  • Perhaps?

My Universal/ PC/Tablet apps have no problems at all.

My WP apps are a disaster. Either couldn't be searched by keywords, by name. Some are even stuck in the certification.

Saturday, February 06, 2016 3:45 AM
  • Hi Michael,

Sorry for the delay on this topic. Your app has been investigated and it has returned to the search results.

Best regards,
    Andy

Monday, February 08, 2016 8:39 PM
  • 2 of my apps are not searchable in the store. They are available using the link. I checked the option to make them discoverable while submitting the app. And support doesn't seem to be interested in solving this issue that is killing their developers!

Saturday, December 03, 2016 9:44 PM
  • hi,

I had the same issue.

I published a new app about a week ago called BeatDrops

I got email saying the app is processed and on the dashboard in dev centre it says it is published but i cant find the app in the windows phone 8.1 app store.

on the lumia deviec im logge din with my live account and i goto Store, find my publisher page and see all my apps listed except BeatDrops, also cant find it via Search.

Please can you add the app

Sunday, August 19, 2018 2:01 PM