Staying inside the app

Question

• I've set up an app which uses a number of different types of content. One has a menu item with a url link. If clicked, this opens up a browser page outside of the app. I've also got a YouTube item which when clicked opens up within the app. Can I make all content open up within the app?

Davjoma

Sunday, March 12, 2017 4:32 PM

Answers

• In Windows App Studio there is Hosted Web app template. But I think it is not enough flexible for your purpose. 

Make the community better together

• Marked as answer by Davjoma Monday, March 13, 2017 9:22 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 7:13 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum!

Please read the sticky posts, especially the Guide to posting: subject line tags and Known Issues for Windows 10 SDK and Tools , and don't forget add tag to your question.

You can use WebView control inside your app.

Sunday, March 12, 2017 5:41 PM
  • Azat, thanks for telling me about tags. I thought by asking the question in the 'Windows App Studio Beta' forum that it was quite clear but obviously not - especially since your reply is in the 'Developing Windows apps forum'. Anyway, I'll try to be more exact next time. Your answer requires me to download the source code and edit it. Are you saying, therefore, that I can't do what I want to do by just using Windows App Studio Beta?

Thanks,

David

Davjoma

Sunday, March 12, 2017 7:14 PM
  • In Windows App Studio there is Hosted Web app template. But I think it is not enough flexible for your purpose. 

• Marked as answer by Davjoma Monday, March 13, 2017 9:22 AM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Azat, thanks!

David

Davjoma

Monday, March 13, 2017 9:23 AM