The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps, Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

[Desktop Bridge][UWP] Desktop Bridge and XNA RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone

I know XNA is not allowed in UWP applications. I wonder if XNA apps are allowed with desktop bridge projects.

It's better to ask before I spend months working on an app, to find out the windows store will block it.

thanks

Hypodyne.

• Edited by hypodyne1 Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:59 AM
    Wednesday, April 18, 2018 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hello Hypodyne,

Here are some updates for your issue. 

First of all, An XNA game can be published to the Store as long as it complies with Store policy and works within the constraints documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-prepare

By the way, like I mentioned in my last thread, currently it's lack of info,tutorial and test right now for your specific scenario. So we recommend that you build a basic sample to see if it works on DAC. It will save your time before you dig into this. 

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:37 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 1:11 AM

All replies

• Hello Hypodyne,

XNA is old and we cannot find any info about converting it by using desktopbridge. No tutorial and info shows whether it is supported or not.

Do you mean you haven't start your project yet? I can try consult this for you from the internal channel. But actually I recommend you consider to use the latest technology. That's better for any new project.

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:08 AM
  • Hello Hypodyne,

Here are some updates for your issue. 

First of all, An XNA game can be published to the Store as long as it complies with Store policy and works within the constraints documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/porting/desktop-to-uwp-prepare

By the way, like I mentioned in my last thread, currently it's lack of info,tutorial and test right now for your specific scenario. So we recommend that you build a basic sample to see if it works on DAC. It will save your time before you dig into this. 

Best regards,

Barry

MSDN Community Support

• Marked as answer by hypodyne1 Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:37 AM
    Friday, April 20, 2018 1:11 AM
  • I am trying to build a talking head in 3D.

Most 3D platforms don't include a text to speech engine.

I have found a way to use Unity and UWP together, so hopefully I can use UWP's text to speech engine.

thanks

Haydn

Wednesday, April 25, 2018 1:43 AM